Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Boldings near Bridgnorth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boldings near Bridgnorth

Andy and Frank should be able to win this match for me!! Fishing there
    9th May!!Depths,favoured baits and mark of fish,please!!
    John - Kingfisher
    Talk Angling Senior Member
    Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Hi John,

Depends which lake you on mate ,but they are all fishing well. We are down there the 12th May for the weekend, I know when we fished it last year Corn and pellet were catching ,but I think you will catch on most baits, weather was very warm and a lot of the lads were catching on the top with the bread/biscuit. Keep me posted John would be interested to know what lake you on mate.
    Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
    ><((((?>
    .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

There are usually about 30+ of us and some of the smaller venues Elmbridge,Furnace Mill etc. as our matches are mid week, spread us over 2 pools. I'll keep you posted!
      John - Kingfisher

Comment

Will see what info I can get off a couple of regulars

Comment

Thanks Frank! You're the man! See you Thursday!!
          John - Kingfisher

Comment

Did you get any info. Frank!?
            John - Kingfisher

Comment

send sladey a PM.

He won the open down there last week.

Comment

Pm'd Sladey 25 April. No reply!
                John - Kingfisher

Comment

I'll give him some grief for you mate.

Comment

lol, i had an e-mail off ta saying i'd got a message but when i looked nothing there, anyway mate, depends waht pool you on really

Sycamore you want to be on 8,13 or in the 30's, i'd fish marginsn and at 4/6 meters with corn, i've found if you feed pellet on that pool you get too many liners. Always try shallow as you might catch on it althoigh lateley it hasnt been working, depths, you wont be looking at anything more than 4ft as i only fish top 4 most the time. Advanatge with 4/6 meters is that you catch there most the match if they come where as down the margins normally its either patchy or the fish wont turn up till the end. Corns my preferred bait, just keep a few grains going in all the time and either one grain or two on the hook. You can go from last on the pool to winning the match on there in a short space of time as if you get into them they average 7lb roughly.

Chesnut, if you draw 15 - 19 or 30, 32, shallow works well on those pegs, in that bay they just always seem to feed shallow for some reason, i always have a few pints of casters with me just for those pegs as if you draw them and dont have none you'll be gutted. On chesnut its similar to sycamore, again, 4/6 meters out and 2 margin lines. I might be more inclined to fish pellet on this lake as there are more f1's most been around 2lb and catching these with the odd carp will keep you in contention. Peg 21 on this lake is good as you have an island, again, you normal line but 2 lines across to the island, opne tight up against it and another one about a meter off the point as it slopes down into deeper water, tight up against the island sometimes harbours too many small f1's which for the distance you are shipping are a waste of time really.

For my margin lines i set two rigs up, one tight against the cover and one a meter away at the bottom of the shelf, sometimes although you can see them on top the of the shelf you'll be plauged with liners and going to the bottom of the shelf you'll find the fish that have got there heads down more.

If you let me know what pool you are on i can give you the info.

Comment

Thanks Sladey! Copied your summary! I'll see if we know which pool in advance and pick your brains further. We're not always that organised!
                      John - Kingfisher

Comment

It's Sycamore pool we'll be fishing .About 32 of us!!
                        John - Kingfisher

Comment

the info I have been given is more or less the same as Sladey as all ready given you.

Comment

Thanks Frank. Hope you're feeling better!
                            John - Kingfisher

Comment

sycamore = pegs 8,13,32,34,36 starting off shallow, you can normally tell on these pools fairly quick if they are going to go shallow. Feed line at 6 or 4 meters depeing where shelf stops sloping and then two margins. I've found keeping a bit of bait trickling in on every line is best on this pool, sometimes pellet will go other days corn so alternate between both. Fish strong line as the fish aveage 7lb in here with a fair share of doubles, a ton can be done in the last hour if they turn up due to their size sp keep at it. I've found setting a line up beyond 6 meters to not be very productive and when the float does go under its normally a little f1.

Comment

Working...
                              X