Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Glos & Sharpness Canal report & photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glos & Sharpness Canal report & photos

Fished the Canal twice this week.

Caught 8 Bream for 27lb and few bits.(Eels and Perch) Biggest just over 5lb

Caught 9 Bream for 32lb, and had a Zed chase one of the Bream into the net, Biggest just under 5lb.

pics are here!

Anyone know when the Bream fish better, now or summer?

Mark's Photographs :: Fotopic.Net

Hi mark where abouts on canal were you (hempstead?) in summer there are some great shouls of bream the late TIM CHARLTON used to walk canal in the week and evenings during may /june and he used to put us on the fish matches would be won with over 100 pound of bream with great back up weights sadly dont fish it much in summer now most matches are now fished in winter where i think canal fishes generally better some good roach fishin hempstead very good area pegs around 45 in the bay very good for bream there is a resident shoul around there usually always throws up a couple.

Comment

Steve look at the tins/bank etc ,u know where that is.about 45/46.

Comment

yep around the 46-48 pegs.
        Where to the quality Roach usually show in the winter and what methods and baitsd usually catch them?

Comment

Bread feeder and pole with g/b or bread ,they just turn up for periods during the winter,large pockets of fish normally,then barren area's,unless coloured.
          Last edited by FORDY-1; 24 October 2009, 05:39 PM.

Comment

looks like a couple good nets of fish...would love to fish this canal a little more

Comment

Be the xmas match soon,will be the odd match over christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by FORDY-1 View Post
                Be the xmas match soon,will be the odd match over christmas.
                will keep my eyes open for these...was going to fish for lobby's in the stroud winter league on the canal but that was cancelled

Comment

Stroud AC fished the Hempsted Bend last sunday, not sure how it went, I chap came came to check it out on the Saturday and was asking methods and baits etc

Comment

I didn't fish the match last week, it was won by Fordy's mate - Clinchy with about 12lb which was made up of a tench, a bream and a couple of skimmers.

Comment

Working...
                    X