Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Clawford vinyard jrs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clawford vinyard jrs

HI TOO YOU ALL IM OFF TO FISH THE JR`S LAKE NEXT SUNDAY AS A WALK OFF MATCH AND HOPING TO FISH THE METHOD FEEDER AND A MARGIN LINE WITH CORN FOR THE CARP, AS BEING A WALK OFF ANY GOOD AREAS/ PEG NUMBERS SHOULD I BE RUNNING TOO???
    ANY ADVICE ON THE LAKE TO WILL BE GREAT?? ANT BEEN THERE FOR A YEAR OR SO LOST THE FORM A BIT....
    [FONT="Arial Black"]BAZZA LEE ILFRACOMBE MATCH GROUP[COLOR="Yellow"][/COLOR][/FONT]

roach

if the carp are not feeding target the roach with worm which are a good size
    i fished it for a week in the summer& i think there is only roach & carp in it thats what i caught
    cheers worms

i fished shallow for the roach with no freebies but that was summer

Comment

info

Hi Baz,there is a small tree at the top right hand side of JRs as you look up the lake from lake enterance the bank that seperates JRs and Tanners,it can be a good peg fish pole just off it or under it,the bush that is.Also small method to the island and if allowed pellet waggler to the same island weather permitting look to catch a few off each line unless your catching well on a given line,Also as worms said the roach are large and worth ago if the carp are not having it .There are large cat fish in this lake to and the nest is almost oppersite this peg or the second point on the left hand bank as you look up the lake this can be a good peg to again method to the island bush or pole to the left,note on this peg the nest is on the left allmost behind you. Hope this helps a bit cheers Paul..Also if you ask gasmeter his brother fished the festival in september and will help you out with info,also try Y2NETS,They have been going down there for years,Good luck.

Comment

Cheers all!!

Thanks alot too all with the info on the lake getting a rough idea ish... of the place and what i should be doing!!!
        [FONT="Arial Black"]BAZZA LEE ILFRACOMBE MATCH GROUP[COLOR="Yellow"][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

as sniffa said small method to the islands but you will only have 3 or 4 fish then it will go quiet for a bit then they will move back in,so fish a pole line as well with meat and hemp i found that sometimes you have 2 follow the out so start at about 6/7 metres and see what happens.take a few tins of corn as well for the margins and have a look now and then.corn goes well on method feeder try 2 pieces hair rigged.hope this helps

Comment

Working...
          X