Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Mon & Brec Canal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mon & Brec Canal

I'm thinking of going on a narrowboat holiday on the Mon & Brec next year and when I was looking at the various hire companies on the net, I found that there had a breach and the canal was closed for about 18 months and only opened again in March. I have been on this canal before and have had some really good days fishing but when I heard about the breach, I wondered what had happened to the fish. I know the canal is only a few feet deep so I wouldn't think there was enough water left in to keep the fish alive.

Does anyone know how many of the fish were lost and if it's worth taking my fishing gear with me. I have spent 2 one week holidays on the cut before but the only people I have seen fishing in the whole 2 weeks were some young lads in the Brecon basin so I doubt if I will see anybody to ask when I get there.

You aren't supposed to take any live bait on the boats so if anyone can recomend what the best baits are, I would be grateful. I did sneak a few maggots in a cool bag the last time I went but they didn't last long.

Bttt

Comment

Working...
    X