Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

silver fishing south yorks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silver fishing south yorks?

didn't fish saturday as i just couldn't be asked, sunday lasted three biteless hours and rapped up, come to the conclussion that i've no interest in being sat watching a tip hopeing for four bites in six hours as i did for most of last winter on the local carp waters so i'm looking for some new venues for this year where i might get a few bites, years ago used to fish the river ancholme at brigg which were good matches, 8-9lb of bits a good weight, anyone know if these are still going or any alternatives?

best bet is to get in touch s&&&&horpe daa site and see if they still run the mouncey league on the ancholme
    nige cooke

Comment

Paul, get yourself down to Willowgarth at Arksey, my mate Stuart runs it and we have silvers matches there in the winter that are regularly won with 20lb+
      Simon Young
      Admin
      Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
      web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

are these opens simon and what days are they on
        nige cooke

Comment

I have in the past organised matches at Willowgarth, if you guys are interested I will set a series up there.
          Simon Young
          Admin
          Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
          web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Originally posted by paulb View Post
            didn't fish saturday as i just couldn't be asked, sunday lasted three biteless hours and rapped up, come to the conclussion that i've no interest in being sat watching a tip hopeing for four bites in six hours as i did for most of last winter on the local carp waters so i'm looking for some new venues for this year where i might get a few bites, years ago used to fish the river ancholme at brigg which were good matches, 8-9lb of bits a good weight, anyone know if these are still going or any alternatives?
            Hi , yeah the mouncey league is still on the go but its in its forth week of thirteen, not been to good up to now , very peggy due to the dry summer and very clear river , the E.A drop the river level in a weeks time so that will get rid of the weed and put some colour in it , scunny AA will run an indivuial league in january till end of season which will be good if it aint flooded .

Comment

Originally posted by paulb View Post
              didn't fish saturday as i just couldn't be asked, sunday lasted three biteless hours and rapped up, come to the conclussion that i've no interest in being sat watching a tip hopeing for four bites in six hours
              Snap... Hallcroft by any chance ?

Comment

no mate, gave it a miss this week and went to kiverton hall, why i don't know as it's fished crap all year, hallcroft's ok if you draw in the right area, if you don't, it's a very long day.
                thanks for the info lads, willowgarth sounds like the ticket and a series even better.

Comment

be nice if they were on a saturday
                  nige cooke

Comment

venues

hi lads im new to the forum i will enter the match if it goes ahead u wud be a fool to miss it

Comment

Have a look at Aston Park Fisheries Aston Park Fisheries
                      [url]http://yanglers.proboards.com/[/url]

Comment

not fished it for a while, hows it fishing?

Comment

Working...
                        X