Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Saphire Match Lakes - Newark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saphire Match Lakes - Newark

Hello everyone

Been a member for a few months now, but this is my first thread. just wondering weather any of you members could give me any advice on Saphire match Lakes as i have our first club match coming up in a few weeks. If you could give me any tips on the best methods, baits, and what fish are the main target i would be very greatful.

Thanks and i look forward to many more threads

Hi Wagman,

Welcome aboard mate. Saphire Lakes match lake, when you park your car at the bottom end of the lake and as you look at the lake the pegs to the left of you on the field side are very deep around 10ft near the side dropping off very steep so make some rigs up to 12/15ft, this also applies to the right side of the lake on the lane stretch between the two lakes, so watch your sections if they go in you wont see them again. Pegs near the far end are won on method feeder but dont rule out the pole as well. Some have caught well on the method waggler up in the water, there is a good head of carp in this match lake,also tench and plenty of silvers there is a lot of fish in this lake. Our match on there last summer was won with 138lbs in the corner peg to the left as you look at the lake, there is a bit of a channel, fish pole to far bank, it is a little shallower in this peg, waggler will also do well so you have plenty of options at your disposal. Most baits will catch, pellet, chop worm and casters with worm on the hook, I even caught on small prawns, if you draw the railway pegs you will need your wits about you as when the trains go by the are really travelling fast. This fishery has new owners since we fished it last year Ken and his good lady have retired to warmer climes, but I would imagine nothing much has change in that short space of time. Have a great match, just hope the fish are not spawning as this will hamper your day.

Please let us know how you get on .
    Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
    ><((((?>
    .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

Cheers billy Boy,

Your points will be very helpfull and will save me time on the bank making deep rigs up. but if this warm weather continue's i think i will start with a waggler up in the water, with either pellet or casters on the hook. Also could you enlighten me on the method waggler rig mentioned in your reply.

Comment

Hi Waggman,

Basicly the method waggler is a heavy bodied float with a small method cage on the base, just place your chosen bait around the cage, and fish shallow 1 to 2ft hook length well worth a try mate, but as you say thats if it stays warm. The information I have submitted to you is for the Sahpire lakes at Norwell Woodhouse on the way to Newark, i assume that this is the same place you are fishing. Pellets, casters, meat and corn will all get you fish, as I say there is a good head of fish in this match lake, some days it can be peggy but every day is different from the next as we all know. Two of our guys fished it on a pleasure session the day prior to our match last year and they bagged up big time, come the day of the match and they both blanked, it's on the day mate and how you and the fish read it.

Best of luck and keep us posted.
        Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
        ><((((?>
        .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

Thanks again billy boy

Yes its the same venue billy, if the method feeder, and method waggler work i might give the floating feeder a try. I will let you know how it fishes.

regards Waggman.

Comment

Working...
          X