Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

The dleights of the River Severn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The dleights of the River Severn

When the water comes down I am thinking of fishing the Severn at Stourport, Bewdley, North Worcs, anyone fished any of the day ticket stretches for Chub and Barbel and care to share their thoughts.
    Mark

BAA do day tickets mate so you have a big choice.

The lock island at Holt fleet is a good spot. Alveley has been ok, but overall its been a struggle on the severn this year, not sure why, although a mate of mine has found dead pike and barbel upstream past Bridgnorth, and is positive there is an influx of otters, so maybe they have come further south as well.

Comment

barbel.

Thanks, I am new to the river scene, What sort of methods are best for barbel, I assume you need a heavy feeder to hold the bottom, is it best watching a quiver tip, or setting up a pod with alarms and sitting back, I assume barbel usually grab the bait and run like carp?

Comment

Just use a heavy feeder rod,barbel rod or light carp rod,10 mm halibut pellet on a PROPER barbel hook,8-10 lb hook length,(6 if no snags/smaller fish)fish a big feeder,4mm pellets will be ok as feed,but i use hemp mixed in.big fish are hard to find on the severn,the best place is the warwickshire avon at twyford or harvington(manorfarmleisure),as the river is smaller/narrower,and the fish are ALLWAYS on certain pegs/areas,Manor may be the best bet as twyford is nite fished etc so gets hammered,early morning 5-9 or evening ,hour before darkness till just after dark,u can fish for a few hours and get no bites then get 3 in 3 casts,its when they 'switch on'the fish at these 2 places aint record breakers but go to 15lb plus,and MANY doubles.the weight of the feeder is obviously dependant on flow etc,but 3-4 oz of lead can be used even 6 - 8 in heavy flood.

Comment

Didn't know you could do proper fishing Fordy

With regard to otters - they are here!! I've seen them on the teme - well tracks and half a sea trout anway!
          [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Thats why i'm an ANGLER not a FISHERMAN

Comment

Working...
            X