Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Advice on newly stock lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on newly stock lake

Hi fishing a match on a newly stock lake at a fisherey at Brailsford Derbyshire think its called kingfisher. I was thinking of fishing expander pellet as the fish are only about 8oz carp any advice on fishing newly stock lakes what baits would you use?

Hi Micked,

What you have to remember is that newly stocked lakes, the carp will be fed predominantly on pellets, so this must be the bait to consider, but dont rule out casters mate, take your time with the feed and build your swim up gradually, are there any features to fish to ?. Is there a post code for this lake as I dont live a million miles from there always willing to try out somewere new mate.
    Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
    ><((((?>
    .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

weldec this could be the place

Map of United Kingdom | Multimap.com

Comment

Weldec thats about what i was thinking. ridgeacre got it spot on with is map the entrance is on yeldersley lane just off the A52 you once you are into the car park bear right drive along side the big lake, new lake is on the right, you can tell its new has it looks a we bit muddy

Comment

Hi Ridgeacre,

Thanks for that looks like we have a new venue to fish. Hey I also like the look of Painters Lane could that be an OMEN I hope so

Hi Micked,
          Please Please let me know how you got on this new venue, all the general info would be grateful. Have a great match mate.
          Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
          ><((((?>
          .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

i fished the lake in question for the first time yesterday and bagged. peg 6 fish ringers expander 6mm on the far slope about 3 foot. the fish on this lake, 70% of them are pellet bred, so they love it. i caught fish from 6oz to 8lb all on pellet. try corn as a change bait. dont neglect the near shelf, just at the end of the keepnet. good hard bites. feed 4 or 5 pellets every put in. the fish follow the wind here, so if you get a draw where the wind is in your face, bag up mate. 75lb won the first match on this lake a couple of weeks ago, while some pegs blanked. get the wind, get baggin. let us know how you get on. i am also from derby, and usually get mondays off for fishing.
            Last edited by devilfisher3; 24 April 2007, 03:33 PM.
            i try hard, but sometimes.......

Comment

Bet how secertary puts on the wrong side but i let you know how i get on cheers for the info

Comment

The side we fished were pegs 1 to 15, peg 1 had 10 lb i had 13lb 1 oz off peg 9 lad won with 13 lb 1 1/2 ozs it was that close he fished off peg 14 casting right over to the far side he lost 3 lumps finaly getting 1 out for about 6 lbs he fished the feeder with maggot i fished pellet n pole wind was bad could only fish out about 8 meters even then struggled to present the bait properly thanks for all the info if you need to know more just ask next match at woodhouse fishery Carwood lake please let me know if you got any info on it. Cheers Mick

Comment

Working...
                X