Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Broadacres match pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broadacres match pool

Any info on this, have fished the other 2 but not this one

Originally posted by ridgeacre
    Any info on this, have fished the other 2 but not this one
    Is that the one with the tree in the middle?

Comment

yes mate,big pool

Comment

Frank, I haven't fished it for a couple of years but, from memory there are some very big fish in there.(big doubles) Corn in the margin was a popular tactic, and also catmeat was very successful (not sure if its still allowed). The best end was always the shallow end nearest the big island, and I once won a match there fishing up in the water with meat off permanent peg 48. The early pegs are also good fishing close in. Peg 19 also used to do well in our matches, with a big reed bed to the left but everyone used to catch against the plain bank to the right, no features but the fish used to come in really close.
        We stopped going there because we had a couple of hard matches. I would start slowly and not put too much bait in to begin with. Also some of the guys did ok on worm.
        Hope that helps,
        Royst

Comment

thanks mate every little bit helps

Comment

ps, cat meat must be allowed the record was broke last year using it

Comment

There is one very big fish in there............................................. ..

Royst is still playing it

I'll leave you to PM Frank to explain Roysty

Comment

It was big though.................

Comment

Originally posted by ridgeacre
                  ps, cat meat must be allowed the record was broke last year using it
                  There's a pickie of the rule board in this months Midlands Angler -
                  Barbless max size 10 (and they were checked during our match on Charlies a week ago)
                  No floating baits
                  Baits allowed are :-
                  Prawns
                  Luncheon meat
                  Maggots
                  Corn
                  Casters
                  Bread
                  Worms
                  Cat meat
                  It also says if its not on the list it's not allowed - but no mention of their feed and hookers that you buy from the cafe bar
                  There's also a pinned on note saying 'No liquidised baits, cat meat and luncheon Meat cut in cubes only'
                  Even when I draw a half decent peg fate conspires against me...............:(

Comment

If you draw the tree - cube up a few tins of meat mix with corn and stick in a feeder. That is also worth a try if there is all happening on your pole line. I would start on feeder or straight lead for 1st hour or two whilst building the pole line up as if i remember rightly they do not tend to come on too quickly

Comment

cheers lads.it all helps

Comment

Working...
                      X