Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

The Riddings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Riddings

I've got the first club match of the season at The Riddings next weekend. Can anyone give me some advice on baits and methods that are working there at the moment?

What pool are u on mate
    Let us all bag up

Comment

Main Riddings pool

Comment

Ok will tell u what i know, well for the carp it fishes a lot better in the afternoon. You can catch carp from every peg, catmeat, luncheon meat sprayed up in the water and paste too. Also what worked well last year was liquidised bread in a feeder with popped up bread bout 4 foot up. There is a lot of silvers in there so u can get bitted out. If you are pegged by the island its worth chuckin a feeder to the island. also down the track on pegs 2-7. The bowl is good this time of year, feeder or pole tatics. Its about 6 foot deep. You can also read about it on fisheries.co .uk. Hope some of this is some help
        Let us all bag up

Comment

If it looks like fishing hard you can usally tell by what other anglers are doing fish double hair rigged corn straight lead to island or center no feed or fishing well feed pellet sized meat up in the water this what work well last year.

Comment

Catmeat at 4 metres.

Comment

Cheers for all the advice, i'll let u all know how i get on!!
              Last edited by The flying scotsman; 15 May 2007, 08:58 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Comment

Originally posted by The flying scotsman
                Main Riddings pool

Im fishing the main pool Saturday what day you there ?
                here carpy carpy carpy

Comment

Sorry Smudger i got my dates wrong i'm there on the 26th. Let me know how you get on if you don't mind

Comment

Originally posted by The flying scotsman
                    Sorry Smudger i got my dates wrong i'm there on the 26th. Let me know how you get on if you don't mind

Will do

I've got the cat meat ready hopefully it will do the trick. I've done ok down there in the past fishing over dead maggots but it seems to change depending what part of the pool you actually end up on.

The last contest we had down there the winner had 68lb he actually fished a single cube of meat and a feeder full of ground up sugarpuffs apparantly he forgot we had a contest the following day and when he was reminded he ransacked the cupboards.

Then whilst packing up local lad came along and asked to fish his peg he obliged and the lad took 3 carp in 30 min using prawns in a foot of water

Just shows you when they are hungry they will take anything
                    here carpy carpy carpy

Comment

If its warm fish meat shallow.

Comment

Cheers Royst

Im hoping to have good day pending the weather? We've been promised pretty much the same as the rest of the week but im keeping my fingers crossed for a day of sun

Would be nice to start the warm months off with a good bag of fish
                        here carpy carpy carpy

Comment

Well guys what can I say ? It wasn't the best of days.

The wind was blowing gale force all day which ruled the pole out straight from the off. I tried it but just couldnt get it sit still worse still I didnt want my pole getting broke like my mate next to me did, he snapped his no6 section straight in half, I thought someone was shooting at me from the bushes it was that loud.

Well I pulled peg 7 just the end of the island and everything looked great I tried cat meat at 4-5 metres didn't get a sniff so I tried and I mean tried to fish the island on the cage feeder what a night mare no mater where i put the rod the wind just keep blowing it all over the place and made it very difficult to see anything. I fished cat meat literally a foot from the island and took several good carp lost a few too and even got broke on 8lb line bites did dry up so a fished hair rigged cat meat with a small grain of corn and then the bites started again I noticed I was getting a lot of drop back bites and it wasnt until the weigh in I realised quite a few skimmers had been caught my problem was trying to see these bites as the wind made it so hard. No problem missing the carp bites my rod litteraly got pulled straight form the rest each time.

Anyway thanks for the good advice guys if it wasn't for the cat meat and then fishing the corn at the island I wouldnt of done much good. One thing I will say to any others due to fish it get the bait as tight to the island as possible litterally a foot away if you dont get too close they just dont want to know.

Thanks again much appreciated.
                          here carpy carpy carpy

Comment

Does anyone have a list of fishery rules, i have a team match on the riddings pool 24/06/07.
                            Can you feed cat food?
                            pellets! can you feed halibuts, do you have to buy fisheries own?
                            groundbait? Can you ball it?
                            are their any Bait restrictions?
                            max hook size?
                            If anyone has fished it lately is the method working
                            [COLOR="Blue"]www.ianbodenanglingschool.com[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                            X