Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

meadowlands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meadowlands

got a match here on the 26/5 on lambsdown lake pegs 1 -25 any info would be helpful not been her for years best bait how deep to set my rigs etc many thanks brian

I fished last year,and the higher numbers were supposed to be the best.I think the point is about pegs 19-21.I drew bad?peg 7.Its about 4-5 feet down the first shelf,and i targetted that area.I fished maggot for the roach and skimmers,and then switched to pellet[4mm]when the bottom started to get churned up.I fished two lines at ten and two o'clock.To the left i fed paste,and that line came on later in the match.I fed expanders to the right,which drew in the bream,then the carp.The weather was blowing a gale,so i had to fish over depth up to 6 inches,so i missed a few bites on the paste.Its deep if you fish further out and you can have a strong tow.The method normally wins,but after all this rain you never know.The winner came from peg 20 or 21[the point]on the method and pole.He had fish over 10lb and also won our bonus fish[extra £50]I think he had 65lb.Second was my mate about peg 16 with 56lb.He fished the same lines as me[ie down the first ledge]but he stayed on the pellet.Third was myself peg 7 with 55lb[and i lost several fish]on pellet and paste.Without the atrocious wind the weights would have been much higher.Fishing further out my neighbour on peg 6 only had 10lb,he completely ignored the inside shelves.If you are good on the method then that will most likely win,but if like me you havent the patience to build the swim up,then my tactics should put you in the frame.Hope that helps you out.By the way its probably 8 feet deep at 6 meters and above.
    cornerstone.

Comment

Best hook baits at moment, 6mm expanders, sweetcorn, catmeat and paste is begining to work.Maggots etc will get you bitted out.
      Cat food can only be used on the hook, non loose fed,
      Pegs can go up to 10 ft deep, feed 2 lines one at 10 o clock, and one at two o clock at about 3-4mtrs
      One at about 8-10mtrs, feeder and method not really working well, better pegs around 10-13 at moment.
      Will hopefully no more when i speak to the Coleshill lads (owners and anglers), next week, should see them in Freddies of Coleshill Fishing Tackle

Comment

thanks chaps got something to go on. ps are we fishing on the deck or up in the water??

Comment

Probably on the deck.But i think matches have been won on the bagging waggler.Personally as i said i would attack it down the first shelf,its deep enough.
          cornerstone.

Comment

Working...
          X