Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

specimen lake, @ larford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• specimen lake, @ larford

Hey up all, i have a match here soon and all the info coming back is to fill it in with groundbait and corn from the start and fish over it at 10 - 13 mtrs. Is this info correct what groundbait mix should i use

Our match on there last week was won on paste over pellet in the last hour of a 5 hour match. A lot struggled but in my quarter peg 35 -40 we were lucky to get skimmers on red maggot.You would surely get them over your groundbait and there are, also,large bream. Corn didn't work for me!!
    John - Kingfisher
    Talk Angling Senior Member
    Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

Originally posted by wonga
      Hey up all, i have a match here soon and all the info coming back is to fill it in with groundbait and corn from the start and fish over it at 10 - 13 mtrs. Is this info correct what groundbait mix should i use
      im no expert at larford although i know a little bit about the speci!
      doing what you have been told above is normally the way to go for the skimmer and bream!

personally i would fish a big wag and fire groundbait over the top, fishing as far and accurately as you can fish( you will nead about 10kilo of GB but bulk it out with bread crumb and add casters to your mix ,pellet-maggot-meat or corn on the hook! and fish heavy 0.21 minimum this is where you get the big boys that you regualy catch over 15lb!

i would ball the pole line at the start fish big wag if conditions allow and then fish a method feder over your pole in the last hours as by then the carp should of moved in!(also the lumps), its quite common to catch a few lumps on this line that could give you 40-50lb

the paste @6m can also work!

problem with the speci is there is soo many options you can do so pick what suits your fishing and dont get side tracked by what people are doing around you
      Matt Smith
      Bag'em matchbaits

Comment

you wont go far wrong with green swim stim groungbait. also knocks up into a decent paste but make it stiffer than normal as the lake has a strong tow. add a little squirt of liquid pellet for a bit of extra kick. last time i fished it i balled it at 8 mtrs and switched between paste, corn and pellet and also fed heavy with pellet at 13 mtrs and fished a 6mm banded pellet on deck which caught me a lot of skimmers.

Comment

Which bank and what pegs

Comment

We were advised"balling" not permitted, but only what will fit in one hand! You got a big hand Billy Whizz!!!
            John - Kingfisher
            Talk Angling Senior Member
            Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

We are on the burr bank but not sure of the peg numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher
                We were advised"balling" not permitted, but only what will fit in one hand! You got a big hand Billy Whizz!!!
                that rule only applied to the match lake john! on the speci you can use too hands to form a ball
                Matt Smith
                Bag'em matchbaits

Comment

What sort of depths are we looking at on the specie pool ?

Comment

depths upto 12ft at 13metres on the pole deeper still beyond that! i would say 10ft average depth at 13metres! you will have around 6-8ft on your 6metre line!
                    Matt Smith
                    Bag'em matchbaits

Comment

Working...
                    X