Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Riddings Match Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riddings Match Lake

I heard sweetcorn is good there but dunno wether to fish the pole or not because I heard method was worth a go there any tips????
    We got pegs 1-15 if that means any thing (1-7 Island 8-15 Bowl thing)
    Thanks

Fished the open a few weeks ago and the best pegs were low numbers. Deeper water did not fish so well (higher numbers) corn worked best for me at 6 mtrs but if you have a feature obviously fish to it. not much on meat but go prepared for some big fish. I had two for 30lb. if you are on the island the method works best. plus take a big wag if you are on higher numbers you can snatch a few lumps at distance shallow.

Comment

Fished there last week and drew peg seven. Was really hard going on the pole as it was so windy. The general advice I got was use cat meat I had no luck close in and gave up on the pole very early. If you draw an island peg I managed to catch a few and lose a few fishing very tight to the island you have to get it tight litterally a foot away from the island best method on the day proved to be either corn or cat meat ? I hair rigged cat meat and fished a single grain and was getting loads of bites but I think it was smaller stuff as there are a lot of skimmers in there ?
      here carpy carpy carpy

Comment

Thanks for the advice I was going there tommorow to see for myself but there is a match there =[ so I still going but fishing the Crucian for pleasure =]

Comment

We had our first club match of the season there last Sat. The pool fished very hard. Chap next to me on peg 4 fished meat at depth weighed 20-25lb. My brother inlaw fished peg 5 weighed 30lb approx. Alot of silvers showing close in to those fishing maggot/caster. Some fishing the bay fished the waggler shallow with differing results.
          All weigths are approx as i couldn't wait for the results as i was driving to Scotland straight after the match!!!

Comment

Working...
          X