Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

octoplus boldings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• octoplus boldings

HELP PLZ AT OCTOPLUS BOLDINGS ALL POOls

Plz

Comment

won our last match on chestnut fishing doublr caster shallow between 13 and 16 mtrs and swapping to a banded pellet if they became finicky but caster was best. dont ignore the margins, corn, meat, pellet and paste all work well. try the link off the midland angling news website. gives the results from the last 12 months or more. great venue hope you sack.

Comment

midland angling news doesnt cover boldings now for some reason

I need to know what pool you are on and then i can give you all the info you should need mate, if your on chesnut its only certain pegs where you will catch shallow, and rest pegs its 6 meters and margins.......find out the pool mate.

Comment

it is sycamore mate went to beech pool peg 3 and bagged up down the edge and by the airator and i caugt f1s bout 5 mtrs out.. on ash my friends caugh 1 a chuck like myself but it slowed up.. i used my new garbolino latex no.20 in my yank and bank for the first time

Comment

can i ask that if i am pegged next to 2 people in a match and they fish 8 mtrs out should i make a end peg by fishing 9 or stick to the 3-7mts out ? on siccy that is

Comment

Comment

On sycamore you want to fish a meter from the margins just down the slope, try and find a bit of a flat spot but soemtimes it isnt possible and if you cant still just fish on the slope. You are looking for around 2 1/2ft of water ideally as anything shallow and i've found the fish dont come onto the line in any numbers. Keep a few grains of corn pininging in every couple of minautes and personally i dont put big potfuls inas the fish just dont seem confident moving over it at Boldings. Alongside this fish a line at 6 meters on pellet/paste and also if conditions suit a shallow line with caster, however its more often shallow doesnt produce but you have to have a look at it too start with just incase.

Pegs wise is you are on sycamore 13 (peg on the point) and dont finish in the top 3 you want shooting, amazing peg for margins and also shallow, also 8,24 and 30 are in good form

Comment

im 14 so i will probably get shot lol oj jokin i ent that bad

Comment

will you on peg 14?

Comment

i am 14 so i probably wont win coz my dad wins most club matches lol never get a good draw ..... always draw low pegs... last matches peg 1 peg 3 peg 2 peg 15 the low numbers where the best lol

Comment

Peg 14 you are just off the point, they've pegged it strange really as you are going to be sat on top of 13 basically.

Comment

if think they will peg 1 miss 1 peg 1 miss 1 coz they will have 20-30 coming

Comment

will it still fish well ?

Comment

In the opens theres normally 15 on the pool, it will still fish but dont expect weigths to be massivce as usual, not due to the fishery but more how the annglers approach it. Boldings is strange place really in my opinion as its margins am like no where else in how you have to approach them. As long as you fish that meter or so out from the bank you will catch, any closer or further and you'll struddle big time, theres no fast rule to how far you should fish exactly out either, just a matter of on differnat pegs you say to yourself, well myself anyway, yes that looks about right and if its a flat spot even better. If it were me fishing your match on that peg start shallow for the first 45 mins whilst keeping a few pellets going in on my 6 meter line and corn down either margins. If nothing happens on shallow line come down onto 6 meter line and that should produce a few fish, if just F1's.

Pay attention too that riht hand margin towards 13 as thats where people bag up, if you can get the ducks down there even better, normally i like to get the ducks down there whilst fishing my other lines so they coud the bottom up, this can only work in your favour in the day time as the fish will gain more confidence. Dont expect hectic action either, 4 bites could see 40lb eaisly, and i should suspect it wont be much more than that what wins your match, most importantly, keep a few grains of corn going in all the while, not many, just 4 grains or so but a constant trickle so the fish are held in the peg.

Comment

Working...
                              X