Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

river derwent borrowash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• river derwent borrowash

hi all got a match a week today on the derwent at borowash not fished many rivers before so any advice welcome

on my match sheet it says pegs 1 - 25 hope this helps

Is it the pride section or Earl of Harrington?

Comment

also are you on the stretch they call chubb alley or the cutting

Comment

i think its the earl of harrington stretch and just above the stretch they call chub alley hope this helps

Comment

wagg and magg for chub.

take hemp too for roach. if u r in the deeps dont ignore a big lobby for the huge stripeys that inhabit that area.

Comment

wag and mag far side chubb and roach if goings hard try fishing worm on the bomb just keep exploring your swim

Comment

i have never fished the wag on a river is it like trotting only further out?? i
              know this is probably a silly question and feed little and often??

Comment

just remember to cast slightly down stream and feather the float down to keep the line nice and striaght don't worry to much about sinking the line. then just let it free line off your spool do n't try to hold back its a busy method. keep feeding a dozen mags every run down. remeber its a natural stretch so do n't fish to heavy chubb run to around 2 to 3 lbs some up to 4.

Comment

dont for get the barbel

in the faster swims and under over hanging willows
                  some big s in there hemp and meat and maggots

Comment

thanks all for advice will try to put it into practice on sunday lol .....not sure what all this rain is going to for the fishing..any ideas??

Comment

thanks for all the advice sounded good....match was cancelled 9.00am saturday morning.... ho hum

Comment

Working...
                      X