Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Shugborough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shugborough

Does anybody have any info on Trent and Mersey cut around this area, i am fishing this Sunday.

big fish.....get cutting those worms.

Comment

used to fish the shuggy opens back in the 90's. used to be good matches with great turn outs but i am afraid we are all carp heads now, sad really. even managed to win! are you on the cast metal bridge section?
      plenty of squatt fish. caster down the track and across and of course the chop will sort out some of the lumps. plenty of carp and some decent bream in that area. let us know how you get on. am remembering now when i used to fish with no.2 & 3 elastics, not 16 to 20! great days.cheers.

Comment

Last time I fished the cast metal bridge length I was told to fish the punch 3/4 across at bottom of shelf if not on first few pegs on the rhodies.
        Half way up the length on a pretty featurless peg I fed a couple of pots of licky ( I was told to feed even more on the off but erred on the side of caution)...........punch on but first dozen put ins returned gobies. Slipped a caster on (hadn't fed any at this stage on this line) and started picking up skimmer after skimmer (all about the 4oz size) for double figures.
        A few people, myself included, were also seen off by those beasties during the day
        Even when I draw a half decent peg fate conspires against me...............:(

Comment

How did you fare today Towpath2 ?

Comment

I did ok thanks, Stafford next

Comment

Come on Towpath2- don't be so modest Tell us a bit more

Happened to speak to TK this afternoon, he said a few beasties showed and there was also a few casualties in the form of bust poles

Comment

ok i caught some carp on caster the largest was nealy 14lb

Comment

Well done Towpath2 - no mean feat that. I'll look out for you in the write ups

ps - you daint have 3 of em did you ?

Comment

Working...
                  X