Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Larford Lakes Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larford Lakes Arena

Hi folks, as anyone got any idea on how to approach this one and what pelletts to use. Do they use expanders on the hook or do they band, lassoo, etc.another sort . Thankx

Larford

Hi dodgybagger we fished the match pool sat just gone most people where fishing pellet up in the water and catching well . you must use there pellets for feeding and you can use any on the hook. they charge £2.50 per bag . a good idea is to band some pellets before you go for the hook to save time during the match.but you can always do what our winner did and use popped up bread and save yourself some money.good luck Ray
    TRUSTED POPLARS AC ANGLER WHO TELL'S NO LIES.

Comment

Thanks BUSHY, we have got the burr bank and i hear its quite deep, where did your weights come from ?

Comment

Last time I fished arena I just used swimstim 4mm soft hookers. You can buy them there but they are a bit pricey so best to get them from your local tackle shop. Ended up fishing a top 2 shallow and had 310 carp in 4 1/2 hours. Panned every one and my bloody arm ached like hell next day. Even caught on a bare hook! just keep the feed pellets going in all day long.

Comment

Thank you Big g i hope its still the same sunday

Comment

isnt the burr bank on the match lake not the arena lake????
            :cool: [I]LeeTwin[/I] :cool:
            [I]Mr 3oz number 1[/I] ><))))*>

Comment

Hi dodgybagger we fished the match lake on the side nearest to the car park i don't know whats it called. i had 63 carp and weighed 78lb from peg 5 but the further up the lake you went the fish got bigger. i caught most of mine with my top two plus 3 sections of pole up in the water on banded pellet but i lost them in the last hour and only put 3 fish in the net in the last hour.Have a look in this months macthfishing magazine its all about larford.
              TRUSTED POPLARS AC ANGLER WHO TELL'S NO LIES.

Comment

Burr bank seperates the Match pool and Specimen lake.

Comment

Theres a burr bank on the arena as well so im told in between the speci and the arena,its the deep side and very closely pegged ??

Comment

Working...
                  X