Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Pine Lakes Thorne Doncaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pine Lakes Thorne Doncaster

Hi as anyone ever fished here, i have a club match on Saturday and have no idea were it is or what is stocks? Any help would be great
    [url]www.salvesen-angling-club.co.uk[/url]

pine lakes

dont know if im right but i think it is the one you can see from m18.go towards the m18 on a1 before you get on m18 take the junction before it a635 i think and head towards donny sorry cant help any more but tell us if im right and how it fished....good luck
    a pint of johns and a bag of planters please:D:D

Comment

If that is the case its only been dug a few weeks... dont think it is that one, however I think it was built last year so imagine its mostly small F1's at a guess but might be wrong.
      Simon Young
      Admin
      Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
      web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

The one near the A1 / M18 is loversall ponds, Pine Lakes is between Stainthorth and Thorne Heres a link to a write up about it on another site ( i hope this is ok admin if not please delete it )

fishing & hunting - Login

Adie
        Last edited by Adie1200; 1 August 2007, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Ups sorry i forgot you have to be a member to read anything on this site
          so heres the write up without the pictures

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          hi all
          some of the fishing and hunting crew had a day at pine view lakes today ..as you know today was the first official open day for the general public..
          as i arrived this morning at 0645hrs mick the owner was just opening up the gates ..as you drive up the drive towards the lakes there is a very nice road to drive on that opens into a large carpark...day tickets can be bought from the nice log cabin type of office at £5.00 per day ,or if you want to use a keep net mick will supply one plus a landing net head for £6.00..loose feed pellets can also be obtained from him..there are two lakes ,pine lake is the larger of the two at around 1.4 acres and has 27well placed pegs to fish from ..
          it is stocked with carp,commons and mirrors ranging from 8-ozs to double fiqures, ide,tench,perch,bream,and rudd from 1lbs to 3lbs..
          on site there is a toilet block for men and woman ,which i found very clean and tidy
          easy walking from the car park to the pegs is good and will suit the disabled angler ..
          the fishing was very good ,with very comfortable pegs ..
          most swims have a depth from 1mtr to 4mtrs ...
          the second lake ,oak lake is the latest to be dug and has 14 pegs on it which run along only two side of it .
          there is a sunken island in the center of it ,and is planted with lilys. once at your peg you will find that the ledge slopes away from the sie to around 4 ft deep ,it is stocked with rudd,perch,tench,crucians and ide.this lake is float only
          give it a try ,i think you will like it
          terry ;
          picture to follow
          --------------------------------

Its across the road from triangs at thorne, doncaster

Sorry about that Adie
          Last edited by Adie1200; 1 August 2007, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Adie, it doesnt link to the specific page, perhaps you could cut and paste the info onto here?
            Simon Young
            Admin
            Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
            web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Heres a map ( i hope )
              Live Local Search

And heres a phone number i was given for the place is 07867553645

Comment

pine lakes

Originally posted by GeoffH View Post
                Hi as anyone ever fished here, i have a club match on Saturday and have no idea were it is or what is stocks? Any help would be great
                my name is tony ring me on 07906904217

Comment

Originally posted by tony reeves View Post
                  Jeez Reeva...u still pimpin? ya perv............lol!!!!
                  OCH !!! The TowPath Warrior !!!
                  [COLOR="#006400"][B][I]?ClayLaners Rock!![/I][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by tony reeves View Post

So what's your tactics on here on Saturday oh wise one

Comment

hi we fished it last year its a top quality silver fish venue 8 of us fished had over 450lb between us i finished 2nd with 49lb of quality ide all caught on maggott take plenty with you the owner apologised to us for it fishing badly lol best days silver fishing iv had in years

Comment

which pond was you on shiner and was it this time of year

Comment

u sure you have your maths right there shiner, if you had 49lb for second and even if the rest of the back up weights were 30lb the winner must have had 229lb to make 450lb and as far as Im aware that would smash the lake record.

even if everyone from 2nd to 8th had 40lb ish (the weights would have to be really close) the winner would have had to have 161lb again smashing the lake record.
                          [COLOR="Green"]Cats and Dogs Netbuster baits[/COLOR]

[url]http://www.catsanddogs-netbusterbaits.co.uk/[/url]

[B][COLOR="red"]DO IT SHALLA!!!![/COLOR][/B]

Comment

sorry chezzy like you say maths not my strong point and didnt check what was said in boozer after match but not to worry whats few pounds between friends all i know is had 49lb of silvers finished 2nd and had one off best days fishing iv had in many years was long time since i left school and was thick then and nothing has changed it was first pond at side of hut and was last august the fishy

Comment

the place is solid of ide skimmers roach n about 25%of the fish stocks r carp personally i wouldnt fish for the carp as like shiner says the silvers r the ones to target the big lake is about 7ft deep yerll need 2/3pts of maggots fish about 11m with tosspot on end n keep the bait going in fish to deck to start with n be prepared to come shalla if weather allows u to present it properly the little lake is a bit shallower n solid of silvers but a bit smaller than the big lake

Comment

Working...
                              X