Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Alvechurch Horseshoe Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alvechurch Horseshoe Pool

Got a match on here on this Sat...........

Apart from an out of date posting on the venue I can't find any 'insider' info on the place

Have any Talk Angling members fished there recently or possess any useful gems about the place?

Cheers in advance
    Even when I draw a half decent peg fate conspires against me...............:(

This the birmingham one ? If so this is a good place, pools are more or less the same and pegs are in good condition too. I was here last month just pleasure fishing with a few friends. The carp and bream was going well on the corn and strawberry flavoured meat fishing over a bed of basic micro pellet, worm was doing ok but there are alot of perch in here so I gave up using it, There are some big carp in here too so I wouldn't fish too light, Also your not allowed to use groundbate, I nearly got booted off for using it but there are no signs telling you that you cant. !!! same goes with the method feeders.

The pools are also small, so two people on either side using a 16mtr could find themselves hitting each other.

I set myself at 8mtr out and fished in a 8ft line, fishing one swim while baiting the other with micro pellet. This was a average of 5ft in depth.

Hope this helped.

MG
    Last edited by MatchGaz; 13 August 2007, 11:34 PM.
    [B][I][COLOR="Red"]There is no point trying if your afraid of losing[/COLOR][/I][/b]

Comment

Yep it's the Bham one - cheers for the info Matchgaz.
      Even when I draw a half decent peg fate conspires against me...............:(

Comment

Working...
      X