Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Advice required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice required

Hello All,

Does anyone know of any "kid friendly" venues round the Pontefract/Castleford area(don't mind travelling a bit further afield). My little lad wants to go fishing and i want to take him somewhere that is not too crowded, he is pretty shy and easily gets intimidated.

David

Have you thought of starting off with a trip to a river - like the river Don above Doncaster or to one of the sections on the canal (New Junction) where you can just go and do a bit of fishing at 4-5M on the pole and get lots of bites - plus you probably wouldnt see another sole for miles! Just ask in your local tackle shop where there are some pegs on the canal where you can take the lad and get bites on the pole ... better to get loads of bites than start off trying for carp!
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

You could try Highfields lakes at Woodlands Doncaster its not far from you just down the A1 to junction 38 on to the A638 towards Donny its about a mile and a half to two miles on the left across the road from a pub on the first roundabout you come to after the shops at woodlands
      It costs £3 a day and holds loads of fish of all sorts
      A great place for kids

Adie

Comment

Thanks a lot for that guys.
        The river option sounds pretty good and i think i know the woodlands one.
        Cheers
        David

Comment

Working...
        X