Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Boddington Reservoir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boddington Reservoir

Our annual match is coming up for boddington again in a couple of weeks. Ive fished this the past few year on our yearly visit, ive done okay with good weights of 60lb plus but this hasnt been anywhere near what some others catch, and i cant work out why.
    I mainly fish the method same as the others, nothing special maybe swimstim and pellets and im pretty consistant with the cast to the same spot, ive tried pellet on the hook, hair rig banded but still slow.
    Anyways after reading posts on here i see the waggler works well constantly feeding over the top with pellets. Would this work in the middle of september and if so what depth would you set the line and will it work in windy conditions also? any advise appreciated, ide just like to be a little more competetive.
    ***** JohnBoy *****

start with the pellet waggler mate with 8mm pellets keep the feed going in a few pellets every 30 seconds if the bites are slow go over where you have been feeding with a straight lead the fish will soon come just keep changeing between the two

Comment

Yes it will work mate and should get better.

You want to start on the method at 50yds, stay on it whilst feeding regulerly the pellet wag line then after an hour come onto the pellet wag line with the straight lead. Keep feeding, do not stop. then after 2 hours if you have not seen a fish top go on the pellet ag. If you see them topping earlier go on it thenof not you could always start on the straight lead. They will be there this time of year. What pegs are you on?

Comment

I would start on the method at about 30yds (8mm pellet catapult range) constantly firing in 3 or 4 pellets at the same time feed the pole line at 6m very heavy by hand, look to see what others are doing? recently I have had more success on the bomb & pellet each peg seems to respond differently, not really fished the waggler, water level quite low at the moment, best pegs are 60-100. 95-100 very shallow and have to wade out to find 3'-0" of water, wouldnt bother with pole that far up. Depending on the time of the match from 3pm onwards the bigger carp (nearly all doubles) come in on the pole line but to do a really big weight you really want 25 solid elastic and 10lb plus hook lengths and be prepared with plenty of spare hook lengths. Over 500lb won our match last saturday and all those fish bar one were caught on the pole.

Comment

Thanks for the advise guys, theyll probably be around 12-15 of us fishing from 10 till 4 and probably on the pegs we usually fish up the far bank in the 80,s, 90,s i think. I havent tried with the bomb or waggler so will give this a try aswel. Do any of you guys use any kind of additives to your pellets etc? or is it just straight 8mm pellets all the way and how many will i need, cheers.
          ***** JohnBoy *****

Comment

sorry for the late replay but just found out were fishing pegs 1 to 20, which i believe arnt too good? I broke my pole last week so the pole is out unless a 9meter carp tamer with yellow elastic will suffice
            ***** JohnBoy *****

Comment

Long range method and straight lead in the last two hours, pegs 1-2 should win it but beware they are snaggy

Comment

Working...
              X