Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

river avon manor farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• river avon manor farm

any fish left in there after the floods?
    fishing a match there tomorrow

How did you get on? Ive a match next stretch up on Sunday, what methods worked?
    Terminaly bewildered:confused:

Comment

well BaggieDell the river was in perfect condition on saturday, looked superb.31 members of my club new barley fished it. i drew peg 31 .anyway after reaching my peg and wiping the sweat away i settled down for some stick fishing under a near side tree.first cast a small roach and i mean small.after 20- minutes and only 1 more roach i decided to fish the waggler hard against the far back.first trot through a chublet followed by another that was snapped of by a jack pike.this happened at least 6 times during the match.anyway i caught steadily for about an hour on casters/maggots all bits.swim went dead.worked really hard but all i weighed in was 2lbs of bits.
      as i was last to be weighed in i had a bit of a shock, the leading weight was 1lb 11oz from peg one, bloody hell i won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      like i said 31 fished and a total weight between us was a mighty 8lb 12oz
      good luck

Comment

are we talking manor farm harvington on avon or at stratford

Comment

harvington, anchor lane.

Comment

hope to draw in the faster water alot of chub here an they still there Barbel by the weir again they are still there even after the floods

Comment

was talking to the bivvy boys who set up for the night in pegs 1 and 2 in the fast water when we finished. they fish there they told us every weekend and only caught 3 barbel between them since the floods.

Comment

i fished a match at wick grange for our club two weeks ago and it was won with 27lb of bream- the nearest to that was about for 4lb of bits-
                i had 3 1/2 lb of perch and a bloody big eal on chopped worm cast tight to the far bank. if it was me i would try the worm - but take about 3/4 kilo with ya and bang it in with a feeder

Comment

Working...
                X