Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

I think I'm scared of the river Severn!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I'm scared of the river Severn!!!!

OK not of falling in but i'm a bit unsure of how to tackle this one.

I can succesfully trot a float down the teme or sit on the end of a feeder no problem but when it come to the severn it daunts me somewhat.

It looks like it is 20 feet deep and a mile across, i'm sure its not though.

Any tips and advice would be appreciated.

I am near the Stretch that flows from Bewdley to Worcester and have a BAA ticket.

Thanks

Bungletbear

Go the the weir just down from holt fleet. Park there and go n the actual island where the lock is, then fish in the right hand peg right next to the weir. Fish 2 rods with feeders on, on the first rod, fish 2 8mm pellets, and cast out right in to the white water next to the weir, that will be your right hand rod. On the left hand rod put a smaller hook on, id say a 16 and fish with maggot and castor, switching between the two. Whichever rod you start having sucsess on, then fish it on both rods. On the maggot rod, you usually get battered for an hour of roach, dace and lots and lots of gudgeon. Feed through them and the chub and barbel usually show especally to castor. The last 2 hours of daylight id give up on the maggot feeder and switch to big hooks and meat, so you have pellot and mea out there.
    This peg is also very good on for pike. If the river is low its an even better peg, in my humble opionion the very best peg on the middle severn, not that ive fished evry one of course.

Comment

Working...
    X