Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

mawgan porth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mawgan porth

Anyone fished here recently ?? Off to whiteacres sat 11th and we are off here
    For a day just wondering if anyone knew of methods,baits etc

Fished there twice this year(june)all top2 work,soft hookers,cant remember if you have to use there own feed pellets,paste works really well,janet(owner)supplies nets in matches,you will have to be on top of your game to beat the locals though.the place is solid.
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Originally posted by MT NET View Post
      Fished there twice this year(june)all top2 work,soft hookers,cant remember if you have to use there own feed pellets,paste works really well,janet(owner)supplies nets in matches,you will have to be on top of your game to beat the locals though.the place is solid.
      we have a private match booked there 10 of us

Comment

Mawgan Porth is still fishing well.

However its not "just short" fishing anymore, unless on a real flyer or a low number of anglers on the lake.

Make sure you take a full pole to your peg not just the top one and top two kits of old, if the lake fishes well you can catch short most of the day - if a little slower it pays to search around your swim for the fish, if you have any weed in front of you it will pay to have a line near this.
        If on one of the slower days i like to fish two lines "out" close to weed normally at about 8mtrs, feed one line, catch from the other etc and just keep rotating, whilst feeding the short line all the time (the short line will colour up when fish arrive)

The shallow end of the lake (or anywhere that there is weed in the peg) seem to fish consistently better as do pegs 47 & 46, but Janet will put you on the form pegs if you ask her - if in doubt feel free to p.m me!!

As of baits - i would fish to your strengths, you will catch on ALL BAITS corn, soft pellet, hard banded pellet, paste etc so use whatever you are happiest with. However the venue seems to have gone away from the "maggot attack" as the smaller skimmers can become a problem.
        You do have to use Mawgan feed pellets - Janet has opened a small tackle shop which has pretty much everything you will need & more.
        Garlic feed pellets seem to work very well, if i were to paste fish it, i would use nothing more than these dampened down as paste.

For more information Stewart Lister fishes the place quite a bit and writes a very informative blog about his weekly outings, this can be found at: Fishing For Fun - The UK's Online Coarse Angling Magazine "Stewarts blog" - you will find loads of info on there!!!!

Hope this helps

Have a good trip.

Comment

Try here should get all the info you need
          Stewart Lister | Fishing 4 Fun Sorry didnt see it was at the end of last thread

Comment

Cheers fellas some good info there and gonna help me alot

Comment

Working...
            X