Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Clear waters Nr Donny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear waters Nr Donny

Got a match coming up ere , never even seen the place , any advice would be great !!! thanks

Hi Kev ,its a mixed fishery containing carp,ide ,slivers and small stockies, and I mean small I had 300 plus for 56lb.carp above 8lb must be weighed and not kept in keepnets of which you need two of.
    Bigger carp can be caught on the feeder or bomb, its been a bit slow on paste in the margins and its a bit of a gamble in a match .

Good weights of ide can be had 75lb on caster on the top 2-3 to hand also at 6-7 metres,these fish will back off and also go down in the water so have a couple of rigs set to cover this if possible.I used about 2-3 pints of caster.

The two club matches I fished this year were both won with ide on caster ,since the last match more very very small carp have been stocked .

hope this helps .Tom

Comment

Last time I went in summer, about 2 years ago, there were loads of decent carp in, have they died since then? I caught 160lb on pole and pellet up in the water with waggler also good if not on a point like I was.

Comment

theres still loads of carp in nathan averaging about 8lb but he stocked it about 2 months ago with small carp, i pleasure fished it on sunday from the mansion pegs and was pestered with the lil s!!!!! tried bomb/pellet, feeder both tight across. tip was never still. also tried pellet waggler when wind died down managed a couple of lumps and a decent chub but rest were ide and stockies. if i were you i would target the ide like tomfish said as you will probably get pestered with the stockies and the ide are a better stamp. although i did get a few lumps down the edge later on on corn.

Comment

Use bigger pellets like 11mm on the wag and pole shallow.

Comment

thats what i did in the end, was getting less bites but when i did it was a better stamp fish!!

Comment

Does anyone have a phone number or postcode for here please?

regards Owlsmad utoftb

Comment

Working...
              X