Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

edgbaston reservoir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• edgbaston reservoir

Just like to know if any of you guys have ever fished Edgbaston Reservoir. Working nights right by it Thursday, thought i might give it a shot Friday Morn if its any good.

I doubt your thinking of carp or pike (specimen style) which leaves you with the bream as your only realy viable option(feeder at med to long range),its hardly fished at all(last sat there were 2 bivvy boys on the entire lake),if you give it a go i would suggest the ballroom bank(only access by car) with maggot caster and worm(or combos of them)or the often neglected breadflake on a bigger hook,corn for some reason doesnt seem to work too well.Regards Peter.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Thanks lad, i will have a look before committing the gear.

Comment

i used to fish it alot many years ago -some very big matches at one time -to win you had to catch bream but if you was not on them you could catch roach short -but they would win you nothing -there must be still plenty bream in there,and as you are near it anyway why not pre bait it - 50 balls ,use brown crumb with some cheap horse type feed to bind it put liquid molasses in it,with corn,caster even pellet on a couple of occaisions -more the merrier - then give it a go.

Comment

Popped in for a look see Fri on my way back from fishing,1 bivvie on the far bank, 60+ acres 1 angler,what a crying shame.
          Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Working...
          X