Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Oakham Course Fishery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oakham Course Fishery

Does anybody know any thing about the venue at Loxley Warwickshire.

Bait fish etc

Thanks
    James

oakham farm

hi yes try this Fisheries.co.uk - A guide to coarse and game fishing in the England and Wales there have a lot of info about that place on that web site.

Comment

I used to fish here every weekend.
      The match pool the one to the left is great for loads of small carp with the occasional lump.The old pool to the right is my favourite with especially going to your right, through the little gate and fishing against the bank under the bushes , snaggy but great fun.
      Then you have the top pool this is also great with loads of carp.
      The tactic for the match lake is , do not fish more than the top kit out and keep the pellets going in, you will bring the fish in closer and you will start to catch them inches from the bank, also try floating bread in the margin.
      The same tactics work on the other lakes but my mate had a good bag feeding red maggot with pellet on the hook on the top pool. Also gve maccaroni cheeses ago.

see Fishing warwickshire with colin
      Last edited by justice; 7 September 2007, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X