Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

angling times county champs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• angling times county champs

hi all, i got a message today from paulk telling me that i have qualified for the a/t county champs, to be fished at gold valley this saturday and the final to be fished at barston lakes. I would be grateful for any info on the barston venue, species etc and typical match weights at this time of year.
    cheers
    dave.

i'd wait till u qualify first lol.

Comment

You've only got to finish top 5,to qualify for the final,dave (easier said than done,I know)
      I'd be out of my depth,but you've been flying lately! Top team of 5 share 10 grand! Nice! ;-)
      Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
      Alwight tweacle?

Comment

If you do Qualify
        The most important thing you need to take to Packington is a PRAYER MAT
        The final is @ Packington and Barston
        Colin

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
          If you do Qualify
          The most important thing you need to take to Packington is a PRAYER MAT
          The final is @ Packington and Barston
          How many times have you fished packington col.

people seem to be haveing a dig at packington for what ever reason when they clearly dont no the venue.
          Team GB rug munching champion.

Comment

A lot more times than you think steve ,we were talking about it yesterday grant was saying how peggy it has become lately
            i used to go there every Monday & Friday mainly on Molands,i realy enjoyed going & loved the fact that i could catch something other than Carp
            Would go every wednesday but cant do walking as you know
            Even Lee reckons its going to be Rock hard on there ,lets face it not many are any more clued up on the place,
            Not knocking the place mate just passing on general feelings on venue
            Oh the 1st time i went to Packington was1967 i think
            See you the week end Pal
            BIG COL
            Talk Angling User
            Last edited by BIG COL; 22 September 2010, 07:28 PM.
            Colin

Comment

i fished barston on sunday and it was hard going it was a/t county champs qualifier i was 7th with 41lbs i had 26lbs of skimmers and 15 lbs of f1s 70 lb won and we all had spare pegs next to us there will be 96 on there on the final so i imagine it will be rock hard i caught on pole at 14.5m only had 1 f1 on the tip, winner caught on method casting to island 99 turns on reel
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE=6][COLOR=#ff0000]Phil's Tackle[SIZE=5][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[url]http://www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk/index.html[/url]

Comment

Who won jason??
                Colin

Comment

rob forgot his last name sorry
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE=6][COLOR=#ff0000]Phil's Tackle[SIZE=5][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[url]http://www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk/index.html[/url]

Comment

1st=rob cooksey.........73lb...skimmers n carp
                    2nd=steve chester......68lb...f1,s n carp
                    3rd=lee richards..........65lb...skimmers
                    4th=chris hill..............64lb...f1,s n carp
                    5th=mal watson..........51lb...skimmers
                    Team GB rug munching champion.

Comment

I asked for advice, not friggin opinions on what i should or should not do. or who has fished a place more than others.if you want to have a chin wag join the W.I. or the local knitting club.

Comment

oooooooooh someones tired lol

Comment

Originally posted by upinthewater View Post
                          I asked for advice, not friggin opinions on what i should or should not do. or who has fished a place more than others.if you want to have a chin wag join the W.I. or the local knitting club.
                          Maybe you could give us the address of the local W.I. or knitting club
                          As you seem to do plenty of Chin Wagging on here yourself
                          1st bit of advice is Qualify for the team to enable you to fish the final ,then find out which venue you are on Barston or Packington, teams are allowed to place Anglers in final.
                          Then there are lots of people up here that can give you all the info you need
                          By the time of the final things will have changed quite a lot @ both venues
                          Colin

Comment

well BIG COL, it certainly looks like you would be no good in the knitting club, see we work from patterns. Here's how it works, we read from the pattern and do as it says, you would probably get a pattern for a jumper and end up with a scarf. The reason i say this is quite simple, if you go right back to the beginning, i asked for venue advice. It doesn't say" DO YOU THINK I SHOULD QUALIFY AND THEN GET A ADVICE ON A VENUE".

I asked for venue advice beforehand, because i can't see the sense in attempting to qualify for the final, only to find that barston or wherever does not suit what i do best.does that make sense?.

There will be anglers at gold far far better than me, so hopefully the best of this end will be up at barston or wherever competing.
                            So please give your advice when it is asked for, and in the way it is asked, i mean if you pulled up at the side of the road and asked someone directions to get somewhere you would be no further forward if he started telling you how to build a roundabout.

nuff said

Comment

If you wanted to know specific info for the 2 venues then you should have been clearer in your request !!
                              Both of theses venues will be liable to change over the next month
                              Instead of your sarcastic remarks
                              ,maybe you should make sure you have put your requests in the right format
                              Why didnt you just post stating your strengths & prefferences & see if you felt that the Venues would Suit you ??
                              Good luck
                              NUFF SAID
                              BIG COL
                              Talk Angling User
                              Last edited by BIG COL; 24 September 2010, 12:46 PM.
                              Colin

Comment

Working...
                              X