Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Himley hall,dudley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Himley hall,dudley

Got a weeks work in Dudley 1st week october,looking at a couple of afternoon sessions
    at Himley hall,any advise would be most helpfull,thank you...
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Hi I live 2 min away from Himley. The fishing has changed a lot over the years since I first fished there 21 years ago. I would head towards the Dam Wall pegs 2 -to about 19 10-15 are my fav winter area. This time of year I would look at fishing the pole at 13 - 14.5 meters out with Maggot or Caster and fishing for Roach very good bags to be had they can average at times over a 1lb and its deep in that area so you can get them up in water. Maggot Feeder at about 30 turns with maggot should get you the odd tench from the above dam wall pegs. The Pike populations have increased ten fold over the last 10 years so expect a few probs and a fare few pikers around. The Carp have grown on well the last 5 years but for these your looking at long range and speci tactics. Very big perch in there aswell. The above pegs are worth 20lb of silvers until about the middle of Nov when it gets really hard until March. You can use Keepnets from the 1st October plus there's always the odd crucian to be had aswell.
    Team Mosella Black Country [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Comment

Thanks ozzie,sounds just my cup of tea,do you just turn up and fish, or do you buy your ticket before you start,thanks again...

Comment

Its council run so just turn up and fish, they will be round for your money.
        The car park is pay and display but when you come up the drive go into the car park on your left, there will be a bar across the road with a pad lock on it. There will be a telephone number for you to ring and they will give you the code to the lock. you can then drive down closer to the lake and park for free.

Hope you enjoy your time in our neck of the woods.
        [SIZE="3"][COLOR="#2e8b57"][COLOR="lime"][SIZE="4"]Maver-Rich[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]

NEW PB 108lb 2oz, 26/08/2012 Wyatt?s pool, Cobhouse Fishery
        106lb 4oz, 17/08/2011 Laugherne Island pool, Cobhouse Fishery

Comment

will be traveling light,couple of medium feeder rods,landing net,mat,bait bucket,ground bait ,maggot and corn,does this cover it??thanks chaps

Comment

Working...
          X