Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Toft Carp lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toft Carp lake

Any info on how this is fishing? due to go there sunday 26/9/10

Cheers Ric

Nick123 Should know if u pm him.
    I should be going next saturday for a pleasure session.
    I will be taking paste pellet and corn,
    Should work.
    And banded pellet very good.
    Hope this helps
    Connor
    [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
    [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

Paste was working about 4 weeks back, I would approach the match starting with fishing feeder to the island if you are on it, feed pellets or fishmeal ground bait at 4 to 6 metres and micro pellet down the margin, fish paste or corn over the top of the pole lines, giving the margins a bit of time for the fish to settle on the bait, the water level was down a bit but they still came in and feed in inches of water.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

forget ya paste corn pellet meat etc now its turned colder double red maggot at 6m and down margins
        Blind acceptance is a sign of stupid fools that stand in line

Comment

Thanks lads.
          What size do the fish run to? wil0.13 rigs be ok? or do i need to go heavier?

Comment

about 8lb ish. Not massive yet but they will soon grow
            If your using a 12 elastic which is ideal or a doubled up 6 then your 0.13 will be fine.
            Hope this helps
            Connor
            [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
            [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
            [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
            [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

your best to use a solid 12 or double 8 now i use double six but it is a tad to light hollow elastics work well as its open water nothing to get snagged on

but brian was right id still micros round the feeder banded pellet on the hook or double red and you will catch bait on the pole everyone has been right really you could put corn on and catch put meat on , pellet , paste or maggot it just depends weather you want to use all or pick a few hope this helps

Comment

Fish are in the main between 1-4lb.They fight quite hard so dont fish too light.Elastic wise something like black hydro or the equivalent will do.As brian said the island is a good place to start,but it can be frustrating due to foulhookers[so many fish attack your feeder].Pole wise feed a line top 2+2 sections will be about right now its colder,in about 5 feet of water.Its deep further out up to about 7 feet.Id still fish 4mm pellet over a ball of micros.Only feeding through a kinder cup.On the margins id again feed micros,but loose,not in a ball.Watched a bloke feeding a pinch of micros every putt in and he was emptying it.I fed 4mm pellets and couldnt match him.As for paste id definately take some.Earlier in the year[about april]it was cold yet at times i caught better on a light coloured paste than i did on pellet!Id take it easy with the feed as like a lot of places it can be temperamental now its gone colder.The lakes exposed and when the winds cold,its cold.I fished there on the opening day in march and had a cracking day doing 100lb or so even though there was ice in the field behind me.I went back about 2 days later and the wind was howling down[freezing cold]and i had 1 bite,1 fish, fishing exactly as i did 2 days earlier.I think the forcast is for north winds so id expect a harder day so feed accordingly.Whether you fish other baits like corn or maggot is up to you,i suppose a selection of other hook baits wont hurt,but try not to complicate things.In the winter when the fishery is closed for the shooting,the fish are fed on pellets,nothing else.So if they will eat pellet in the depths of winter,i think you will be ok now.
                good luck
                cornerstone.

Comment

Thanks for the info, Ill give it a go

Cheers Ric

Comment

Working...
                  X