Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Loyalty Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loyalty Cards

Hi Everyone, Iv'e Just Been Reading About Tunnel Barn In The Angling Times And See They Do A Loyalty Card .you Simply Pick Up A Card And Then Each Time You Visit Have It Stamped By A Member Of Staff .visit Five Times And Your Sixth Visit Will Be Free. Sounds Like A Great Idea To Me What Do You All Think? Could It Catch On Elsewhere?

I think I have a loyalty card with 4 stamps on it for TBF.........................somewhere .
    Not been for ages since getting well and truly battered in the last winter league I fished there.

I do think it would be a good idea to have an "official" loyalty bonus scheme at some fisheries as an incentive to go more often. This would probably make a genuine increase to their overall takings.
    I'm sure though that some fisheries would just think they needed to add a bit to the regular peg fees though to pay for the "freebies" so it could work as a "double whammy" against the infrequent visitor, with the regular visitor only getting back what they had already paid for.
    PB Pike just over 17lb

Best match weight 150lb 9oz :)

Comment

Loyalty Cards

Thanks For Replying Ejayar .i Agree With You Inpart But What These Commercials Need To Think About Is Without Us They Have No Bussiness And If They Give Something Back Your More Likely To Return Time After Time Instead Of The Occasional Visit To Lots Of Different Venues.tight Lines Ray

Comment

I have known waters where you turn up on a regular basis and pay your money to fish. On the odd occasion I have been told don't worry this is on us due to the fact I have fished it regularly and they have recognised the fact. Nothing official just a nice gesture.
        [COLOR="Red"]GOT Baits you know it makes sense[/COLOR]

[url]www.gotbaits.co.uk[/url]

[[url]http://keithgandhi.blogspot.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

Loyalty Cards

Thats Great News Keith Pity There Not All The Same But You Never No It Only Takes One Or Two To Get The Ball Rolling And The Others Would Soon Follow Suit.so Fisheries What You Waiting For!

Comment

whats your thoughts on when anglers fish a five hour match in the day and pay pools and pegging, then enter a evening match straight after and the venue still insist on you paying pegging again when a pleasure angler has been fishing all day for the same peg fee that was initially paid in the day match.

Comment

I don't fish those types of matches but it is just the same a booking avenue for a club match and the owners not letting you fish on after the match without paying another peg fee . I think some fishery owners are really taking the out of the match anglers with buying there feed pellets etc. The only way to do anything about it is not to go anymore.
              The club I am in has gone to a venue 3 times this year and it fishes miles better later in the day but we asked about a later start time and we were told they wanted us to finish at tea time so they could have day ticket anglers on after us , needless to say we are not going next year so they will lose nearly £400 for 3 days fishing hope they can make it up with day tickets .
              Mark

Comment

Loyalty Cards

Ton Up I Think You Have A Valid Point. If You've Paid Your Peg Fee For The First Match (which In Theory Is A Day Ticket) Then Why Should You Pay Again If They Decide To Cram Another Match In .i Could Understand If You Never Fished The First Match. Why Dont They Give You A Reduced Rate If You Stay For The Second Match (if You Have To Pay At All.) I Think Some Venue's Are Getting Greedy You Even Have To Buy Their Pellets On Most Venue's.
                TRUSTED POPLARS AC ANGLER WHO TELL'S NO LIES.

Comment

Hmm fisheries own pellets, it is a tricky one, atsome venues it does seem to be a genuine case of the owners thinking fish friendly, at others it is just a giant p take. I don't really mind a fishery insisting on their pellets and even paying a little bit more, it is their profit and it is their fishery but some go OTT.

A few things I've come across:

1/. No floating pellets (baits) rule, when the fisheries own pellets float
                  2/. No damping down of pellets to make them sink, even though number 1/. applies
                  3/. Over prices pellets.
                  4/. Different rules for pleasure, match, regular and occasional visitors.
                  5/. Different rules on different visits
                  6/. Fisheries own pellets only that MUST be purchased on the day, so you can't use a fisheries own pellets that you did not finish off on your previous visit.
                  7/. Insisting on fisheries own hook pellets which are sub standard.
                  PB Pike just over 17lb

Best match weight 150lb 9oz :)

Comment

What gets up my nose is when they say you must use their pellets as only carp pellets are allowed and then sell you a bag of trout pellets @ £2 bag.
                    Even know where they got them from and how much they cost them.

Comment

i like to fish up in the water and some fishery pellets are just not up to the job, i.e. all feed pellets are only 3mm and do not make alot of noise when entering the water (i like to use 6mm hard sinkers). hard to present at range due to size of pellet in windy conditions. if not dampened down then 10% of what you feed float, causing fish to feed off the top and drifting into your neighbours peg. i think that coz some float reflects on the pellets being of poor quality therefor it has to be down to buying the cheapest pellets available to make as much money as possible.

this has been my experience on venues i have fished but it would be nice to have a varied choice of sizes, imo.

Comment

loyalty cards

seems to me we could go on and on with this issue. maybe its time for the fishery owners to start listening to us anglers and all work together. im sure fishing in general would benifit. we need them as much as they need us. tight lines ray

Comment

Have you tried the .22 pellet they sink rather quick and has for telling no lies bushy you couldnt lie straight in bed

Comment

loyalty cards

At least i give my info out without asking someone to do a 300 mile round trip to buy you a pint to get some info out of you. it's not my fault if nobody listens to what i tell them , thinking im winding them up when i'm telling the truth.

Comment

Bushy if you did a 300 mile round trip you got lost somewhere next time take mark sat nav with you

Comment

Working...
                              X