Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

boldings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boldings

Morning
    Ihave a mattch at Boldings fishery and cannot find out any info.
    I think the pool we are on is called sycamore pool.
    What is the best baits and methods.
    thanks

when is the match graham.......there are 4 of our guys that have been there all week..im sure they will fill you in when they return if its not to late
    In darkness we do what we can
    In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

My match is on Saturday 15th sept.
      Any info would be appreciated.
      thanks

Comment

Hi Graham,

Just got back mate from Boldings, had a good week, some lakes did not produce the weights we expected as we know they can be prolific this was due to a late spawning. We had two matches on Sycamore. Graham there are some big carp in this lake so dont skimp on the line, I had 6lb main straight through, the margins did not produce as we know they can bu tdont ingnore them ,fish top 4 or to a feature depths in side 18", line in front of you around 5/6', not sure how you will peg it but the pegs on the points fish well especially the one to your left as you go onto the point, margins will fish well our match was won on here and he also put the feeder out around 15yds, if you can on the day and the wind allows it fish on the top with bread or biscuit at 13mtrs this will get you some big carp but you need 10lb line and some strong elastic mate they really do take it well of the top. Bait wise pellet does well as does corn keep the feed going in mate they are hungry, paste did not do to well for us but another day it may be different. This lake is well stocked with some good quality grade carp and on its day will produce weights well in excess of 100lb plus. Hard to say what a good peg is as they move around and weights can vary from peg to peg on different days, but someone will sack up. Feed pellets have to be bought from the complex they are £2.00 for a good bag 4mm will do nicely. If you are in a peg that you can fish the feeder then in line feeder with methog mix and hair rig meat or corn will get you some big fish, dont rule out the worm as Worm Master was very sucessful with it, so plenty of options Graham. Hope you have a great match and let us know how you get on mate.
        Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
        ><((((?>
        .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

Ammendment

Hi Graham,

Please find the following ammendment:

""If you are in a peg that you can fish the feeder then in line feeder with method mix and hair rig meat or corn""

Spoke to our chap and this was not the method fished, appologies for telling you so, please check with the fishery rules board.
          Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
          ><((((?>
          .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

Hiya
            I drew both days in the right hand bay as you arrive at the pond, it is quite deep (7 footish) and I picked up fish around 8 metres out on the bottom on pellet or corn (worm also produces). I found I could get quite a few decent fish fishing 18 inch to 2 foot deep on pellet and boy do they go.
            In the 40s pegs fish were showing in the margins and some of these were well into double figures, pellet, corn or catmeat will tempt these fish from the swim (if you have an empty peg it is always worth fishing into it ).
            As Billy says good line is a must (I personally use silstar 6.6lb or 7.9lb on this pond, Any peg can win it though of course I have my favourites, the left hand point would be my preferred peg though I have never fished it yet (I need more luck in the draw bag).
            Best of luck on your match and if at first the bites don't come don't worry, you will have fish in your swim its a just a case of either finding the depth of them or waiting until they come onto your bait, and it does not take long to get a good weight.
            Cheekybrat
            Talk Angling User
            Last edited by Cheekybrat; 9 September 2007, 12:07 PM. Reason: bad spelling
            [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]You are only as good as your last mistake[/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

The pegs on sycamore too draw are, 8, 13, (15 and 17 can produce depending on if fish are in bay) , 23 and 25 are the in form pegs at moment, and 32. On this pools theres a few tactics to have a play about with but when i'm down there on the opens it will be a shallow attack at 13 meters and then two margin rigs. One margin rig tight up against the bank and then one around a foot off the bank. The one slightly away from the bank is the one i always catch better on really. People have always spoke about fishing down the shelf etc. too me but i just always look too find slightly deeper water than what you've got tight up against the bank. The key is little and often on this pool from what i have found, i've always struddled when i've put a big pot of bait in but instead find it easier to get fish into the peg and hold them just feeding a few grains after every fish.

As for shallow you can catch using a float but if there is a ripple on the water or anything too break the waters surface just using a a length of line directly from the tip is a real winning method, it aint pretty but it catches fish. If on the day shallow cant be presented that well, fishing at 6 meters is always worth a few fish, either on expander pellet or paste , but i've never found it too be a winning method, just a 30lb line really, although on some pegs such as 13 and 32 it can be better.

Never get disheartend on this pool as you can turn your match around so quick down the margin, it is possile to put 100lb in the net in the last hour as you only need 10 bites sometimes.

Rig wise i always use 0.15 at this venue as i've never found the need to step up, tubertini 175 n.5 or a n.2 for the pellet, Floats down the margins are 4*12 and definatley make sure you have a rubber on you float bristle as if not eyes will be popping out all over the place on this pool. I always tend to just fish top 4 down to either side as this is a nice easy distance too keep flicking a few grains of corn in regurley.

Hope that helps

Comment

Great help
                Thanks
                We have the whole pool and only about 20 fishing what pegs should we put in.
                cheers

Comment

take sladey's advice mate. he drew peg 13 in the open yesterday and won with over 100lb!

Comment

Working...
                  X