Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

muckno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muckno

anybody got any info on lough muckno in castleblaney,ireland i am going in 4 weeks so would love any tips

Hi Brickie33, Have Not Fished It For Awhile, Due To Access Problems. Used To Fish Concra Wood Section Alot, But I Am Not Sure If You Can Still Get Access, As A Golf Course Has Been Built There. Are You Fishing The Muckno Pairs? If You Are You May Get On There And Also Toome Shore, Black Island. Most Of The Sections Feeder Works Well For Skimmers And Bream, With Chop/worm And Caster Being The Favoured Bait.also Most Sections You Can Fish The Pole If You Have Good Depth, Rigs Can Be Positive Anything From 1.5g - 3g, Elastics From 5 To 8. Dont.i Will Try And Let You Know How It Is Fishing In A Week Or Two, The Aughnnacloy Classic Is On There At Start Of September, Black Island, Should Be Won With Bream And Skimmers, Will Let You Know Method.

Comment

yes we are fishing muckno pairs ,we fished it last yar for the first time and we came second so we are looking forward to it . we just wanted to know how full the lake was and if the roach were in

Comment

will try and let you know asap, when the match i mentioned has been fished, what method was scoring and also what the main catches where, i.e roach or skimmers.

Comment

thanks mark1 that would be fantastic thanks for taking time out to reply

Comment

Also fishing the Monaghan Pairs

Any news on current form, recent reesults and other tips? I'm fishing the Pairs for the first time and fear it will take the first couple of days to figure it out.

I assume feeder for bream or whip to hand (4m to 5m) for roach? Any idea what sort of groundbait goes best for each method?

Comment

we used lake and brown crumb last year for the roach and fishmeal for the bream it was our first time last year ,we came second in the pairs and i was third overall it is an eye opener ,the roach are in virtually every peg apart from black island where you need to draw in the teens to be on bream also take plenty of hooks because the pike love them ,last year on the last day ihad 250 roach after 3 hours then the pike found me i ended up with 325 for 21 kilo but still won section

Comment

Working...
              X