Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

spring pools near rugby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring pools near rugby

i went today to have a look at spring pools fishery nd it looks really nice i saw a man have a decnt carp out only 1lb or so and was wondering who has fished it before and baits ect i might make a small video about the the fishing down there aswell any help you can give is much appreciated thanks

nick123

bttt

Comment

if you are fishing the top pool pellet works well fished right under the far bank

Comment

ok thanks m8

Comment

Hi Nick!

Hope all is well mate!

I have fished that fishery for a few years now on and off, Since i was about 5 infact with my dad!

Its a lovely place to go, And really good fishing aswell! I used to fish a feeder on the top lake when i went for the bigger fish in the lake, but when i first started fishing there i used to use a pole for the smaller fish. I believe it holds some Carp up to about 15lb if not more, I caught my current PB from there at about 13lb!

It has Some nice Chub in there, Some Grass Carp ( had a couple myself ) Common carp Mirror carp Etc Roach Perch Some nice Tench.

The baliff, Redge is a lovely guy, Havnt seen him for a while but i will be paying him and some off the lovely fish in the lake a visit very soon!

Did you end up going ? How did you get on ?

Hope to hear from you soon

Cheers

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Johnsonpyro View Post
            Hi Nick!

Hope all is well mate!

I have fished that fishery for a few years now on and off, Since i was about 5 infact with my dad!

Its a lovely place to go, And really good fishing aswell! I used to fish a feeder on the top lake when i went for the bigger fish in the lake, but when i first started fishing there i used to use a pole for the smaller fish. I believe it holds some Carp up to about 15lb if not more, I caught my current PB from there at about 13lb!

It has Some nice Chub in there, Some Grass Carp ( had a couple myself ) Common carp Mirror carp Etc Roach Perch Some nice Tench.

The baliff, Redge is a lovely guy, Havnt seen him for a while but i will be paying him and some off the lovely fish in the lake a visit very soon!

Did you end up going ? How did you get on ?

Hope to hear from you soon

Cheers

Ben
            We did end up going i been there 3 times now i think, or 4, dont know.
            That top pool is really good on bread and maggot, Had my biggest tench out at 1lb13oz
            Alot of roach which is good in the winter,
            Maybe go again this weekend or next.
            Connor
            [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
            [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
            [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
            [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

as connor said i went i caught Roach,perch, crucians, carp and a koi thing and was excellent bout 20 fish on the feeder and pole not bad for winter biggest fish 2lb carp of the day this was on the littler lake

Comment

Ahh glad you both had a good session!, Its really good fishing there, espesh in the summer!. I had a Tench out off there around 5lb if i remember correctly... I have a picture off it somewhere, Will dig it out and upload it for you!

Cheers

Ben

Comment

cool well played i am going to become a member there its dirt cheap and has two excellent fishing lakes

Comment

Working...
                  X