Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Manor Farm, Harvington - Windmill Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manor Farm, Harvington - Windmill Lake

Hi All,

I've fished this lake a few times but I never really know what to do, nor what the winning methods / pegs are etc.

I'm there on Saturday 16th. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

James mate
    PM Fordy he knows that place like back of his hand!!
    Colin

Comment

Hi James, fished this on the 14th august and won with 73Ib on the groundbait method, but can try the pellet cone as this puts a small amout of bait right around your hook, i was lucky enough to have an island peg but think same method would work in open water, corn was also working on the pole lines, tight lines.

Rainsford and lynes a/c results @ manor farm windmill pool pegs 20 to 35.

1st Robert moon 73Ib 11oz peg 26
      2nd Derrick adams 47Ib 5oz peg 29
      3rd Alan hulbert 45Ib 10oz peg 22
      4th Dave matthews 36Ib 6oz peg 33 ( guest )
      5th Steve o'toole 25Ib 10oz peg 25
      6th Lee johnson 19Ib 13oz peg 31
      7th Sean hulbert 18Ib 5oz peg 20
      8th Dave hill 6Ib peg 32
      9th Alan lucas 5Ib 10oz peg 35
      10th Ryan matthews 5Ib 6oz peg 30
      11th Brian bowler DID NOT WEIGH peg 24
      Methods. 1st groundbait method with maggot down side of island
      2nd pole fished corn on the bottom about 9 metres
      3rd pole fished corn about 6mtrs on the bottom.
      weather. some sunshine, some rain especially when packing up .

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
        James mate
        PM Fordy he knows that place like back of his hand!!
        Chees Colin, will drop him a message.

Comment

Robert, thanks for the info. Peg 26 is end of the island, on the far side right?

I haven't been there for a while, and I can't remember the pegs. What pegs are the really deep pegs - it was the end furthest away from the cafe if I remember right?

We have the whole lake, what are the pegs to draw? And how do you fish them? Or is it as you've listed above.

Thanks again.

Comment

Pegs 20 to 35 are all along the road side,and yes 26 is just to the right of the island and 25 cannot reach around the corner, but think all the pegs around island are probably the best ones, fish them by either feeder or long pole tight to the island with a pole pot of small pellets on the end of your pole and fish as tight as pos, Dont know which are the deeper pegs, fishing shallow is good in the warmer months not sure about this time of year, dont forget the margins, all the best.

Comment

you will catch shallow on here put a bottom rig in over your shallow line pellet few grains of corn feed shallow when bites tail of go on yourdeck rig deep end is furthest from the cafe ,if i rember correctly 8 10 ft island pegs or just of it hope this helps

Comment

Hi James
                If last Saturday is anything to go by, you wont need to worry about what pegs are the better ones because you will be stuck in the one corner of the pool where there are no fish to be caught.......lol.

Comment

Originally posted by noddy View Post
                  Hi James
                  If last Saturday is anything to go by, you wont need to worry about what pegs are the better ones because you will be stuck in the one corner of the pool where there are no fish to be caught.......lol.

Hi Noddy,

Haha that took me a few seconds to realise what you meant, I'd prefer to forget about last weeks poor draw and match!

So now I'm just left wondering who you are? Your previous posts don't really help me lol. Neil? Paul? Nige? Give me a clue...

Comment

You guessed right first guess mate.
                    I did feel a bit sorry for you last week,
                    can see why its a peg not usually in the bag.
                    How did you get on at meadowlands on sunday?

Comment

Not too good, drew peg 44 so not the best, weighed in 56lb which was top weight on that side of the lake, but the pump bank was also in my section & there were two 80lb's, so I ended up 3rd in section. That summed up my weekend.

Our team won it on the day and won the league overall, so wasnt all bad.

Comment

Well done mate.

I hope that you are going to pass on some of the info that you are getting from fordy1 for saturday...lol.

Neil.

Comment

Hi James

When you draw make a beeline for Arthur the bailiff he knows it better than Fordy!

Comment

Working...
                          X