Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Local canals in south Birmingham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local canals in south Birmingham

There is a small bunch (7) of us who like to fish the canals around south Birmingham, any sugestions of good stretches that would suit us without having to keep booking and would throw up some good sport. We all hold BAA , and also dont mind having to travel south away from the city,say 20-25 miles. Fished stoke pound bromsgrove last Sunday and it was hard going small perch and gudgeon 50 fish for 1.5lb, out of 7 1 roach, so come on chaps put your thinking caps on and let me know your best places.

Cheers

give caunsall a try squirell its baa and not to far about 20 odd miles i think, some decent fishing if not to many boats.not far from kiddie.

Comment

sounds promising one to the list
      cheers

Comment

the fazeley canal anywhere from the tyburn house to fazeley is as good as any cut i have fished. day ticket on bank from dam's & locks tyburn section, styrup cup day ticket on bank curdworth section and then b.a.a. around bodymore heath to fazeley.

Comment

Have a look in the BAA handbook, Car parking can be an issue.
          - Tardibigge bottom end can be good
          - Grange Lane either side of the bridge. Left from bridge is favourite.
          - Alvechurch - old stretch or over the footbridge onto the new stretch (diverted for the motorway).
          The old stretch is good, the dead arm is stuffed with Fish & Weed. Bream in the warmer months over the footbridge, has an even 5ft depth.
          - Try Wharf Ln (between Grange Ln & Tardibigge. Walk left & past the marina Lots of Roach
          Frank

Comment

Try the short pound at Swindon on the Staffs Worc's above bridge 40 I think.
            You will get 6-7 on. The fishing is top draw, loads of Raoch to hemp and punch, pleanty of Chub as well.
            Terminaly bewildered:confused:

Comment

and of course theres olton and small heath on the grand union........probabley the best cut in birmingham......tenner a year... day tickets on bank if you are very unlucky and i find you...lol roach skimmers tench perch some carp by small heath bridge ..think of all that squirt you saving.... pairs match november 13th.......meet some of the guys off here..need i go on
              In darkness we do what we can
              In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Cheers lads some very good ideas much appreciated.
                Larry you say olton and small heath, how you find this stretch?
                My try and get partner for the 13th do we book in or just turn up?

Comment

Up until a couple of years ago i used to fish The Canal from Stockfield rd & Behind Yardley Cemetary amazing stretch !!
                  Some of the Best canal fishing anywhere
                  Well worth a visit
                  Never used to see hardly anyone !! Not sure what its like now ??
                  Colin

Comment

cliveland street

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                    There is a small bunch (7) of us who like to fish the canals around south Birmingham, any sugestions of good stretches that would suit us without having to keep booking and would throw up some good sport. We all hold BAA , and also dont mind having to travel south away from the city,say 20-25 miles. Fished stoke pound bromsgrove last Sunday and it was hard going small perch and gudgeon 50 fish for 1.5lb, out of 7 1 roach, so come on chaps put your thinking caps on and let me know your best places.

Cheers
                    Hi squirrel give cliveland street a go theres a pay and display carpark on the corner of Cliveland Steet but its free on sundays.

Comment

book in please squirral olton is castle lane bridge to Richmond road bridge.......small heath is Anderton rood to coventry road almost where the old camp hill fly over was
                      In darkness we do what we can
                      In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

whats the parking like larry

Comment

There is some on road parking at Olton,and there is secure parking within the "Wallworks" factory car park (right hand side of car park as you drive in) at the Anderton Rd end of the Small Heath stretch.
                          Whats a commercial fishery ?

Comment

squirrel give watery lane canal in tipton a bash at the moment best canal in the midlands

Comment

Cheers lads, look forward to fishing some of these waters and who knows could bump into one and other. Larry will be down your stretch of the canal in a weeks time if I can find it.
                              Fished Preston Bagot today, had some nice fish upto a 1lb perch @ roach including a PB roach of 2lb 6oz and some very small zander around 6oz, Net of around 10lb this afernoon.

Comment

Working...
                              X