Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Hampton springs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hampton springs

    Hi all was wondering if you could help me at all please.
    Have got an upcoming match at hampton springs. The pools we are using are
    poplars, alice springs,rock, meadows and long island
    Having not fished it before and having no timeto practice beforehand any advice on the pools would be great.
    Thanks in advance
    Steve

  • #2
    Anyone........ Please!!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      hi steve, i have not fished hampton springs for a very long time, due to a lot off silly rules and a pain in the ass owner, allways checking your bag for none fishery pellets and checking hooks are barbless ect.
      there was a big match there a few weeks ago and you could not get any red maggots any where in birkenhead, every body that was fishing the big match was taking a half gallon or more of red maggots.
      hope this helps derek

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi steve im there this weekend on Meadow but ive fished Rock and Willow this year. There must be alot of you fishing there having all those Pools? I fished Rock in June and it fished well then with the Island pegs fairing best (pegs 17 to 25 i think?). Poplars is ther first pool you see as you entre and you dont want to draw any of the road pegs for obvious reasons. You are only allowed to use maggot feeders which a few of us did boring the holes bigger to use Micros instead. You have to use there Pellets and like the above said he does check trust me.... I will let you know how it fishes for us on Sunday on Meadow...

        Comment


        • #5
          hampton again clive ! best of luck with it mate
          all good advice, our match on rock was won with 70 odd pound with red maggot and a large feeder,not sure now its cooler but corn over micros close in can work well
          brookside anglers EX- superstar

          Comment


          • #6
            Its our last match before the winter leagues start Dave.

            Comment


            • #7
              poplars & alice have some big perch over 2lb in them that can be caught close on maggots & casters.
              rock,meadow & long island have plenty of skimmers,crucians& roach that could be caught on maggot at between 7-13mtrs.
              if the carp feed i'd target them with pellet & corn.
              the bomb & feeder catch a lot of fish at hampton.
              they sell fishery pellets in the cafe at £2 a bag micros,4mm & 6mm!
              hope this helps,Steve, all the best Phil.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by CRG147 View Post
                Hi steve im there this weekend on Meadow but ive fished Rock and Willow this year. There must be alot of you fishing there having all those Pools? I fished Rock in June and it fished well then with the Island pegs fairing best (pegs 17 to 25 i think?). Poplars is ther first pool you see as you entre and you dont want to draw any of the road pegs for obvious reasons. You are only allowed to use maggot feeders which a few of us did boring the holes bigger to use Micros instead. You have to use there Pellets and like the above said he does check trust me.... I will let you know how it fishes for us on Sunday on Meadow...
                Cheers for the advice there is 60 fishing . It's the shropshire winter league mate. Hope it,s better than the last round we had at springlea!! Good luck for saturday
                Last edited by stevie yome; 22 October 2010, 09:03 PM. Reason: not being able to spell !!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by phillyfingers View Post
                  poplars & alice have some big perch over 2lb in them that can be caught close on maggots & casters.
                  rock,meadow & long island have plenty of skimmers,crucians& roach that could be caught on maggot at between 7-13mtrs.
                  if the carp feed i'd target them with pellet & corn.
                  the bomb & feeder catch a lot of fish at hampton.
                  they sell fishery pellets in the cafe at £2 a bag micros,4mm & 6mm!
                  hope this helps,Steve, all the best Phil.
                  Thanks phil. Wish i could have fished it before hand. thanks for the advice
                  Steve

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by captain crash View Post
                    hi steve, i have not fished hampton springs for a very long time, due to a lot off silly rules and a pain in the ass owner, allways checking your bag for none fishery pellets and checking hooks are barbless ect.
                    there was a big match there a few weeks ago and you could not get any red maggots any where in birkenhead, every body that was fishing the big match was taking a half gallon or more of red maggots.
                    hope this helps derek
                    Thanks mate

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Well i hope Meadow fishes better than it did today (but it was freezing cold there). 23LB Won it off peg 15 with 5 carp in the last hour at 11m on maggot 2nd peg 4 with 17lb and 3rd peg 7 with 13lb. I had 2 fish off peg 20 for 11oz and had 5 bites all da, my section was won with 3lb 10oz. 18 fished and 7 didnt catch. It was the same on long island and Rock from reports we got after. The over night freeze did play its part so hope its better when you go Steve. Good Luck.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by CRG147 View Post
                        Well i hope Meadow fishes better than it did today (but it was freezing cold there). 23LB Won it off peg 15 with 5 carp in the last hour at 11m on maggot 2nd peg 4 with 17lb and 3rd peg 7 with 13lb. I had 2 fish off peg 20 for 11oz and had 5 bites all da, my section was won with 3lb 10oz. 18 fished and 7 didnt catch. It was the same on long island and Rock from reports we got after. The over night freeze did play its part so hope its better when you go Steve. Good Luck.
                        Thanks very much for getting back to me Lets hope the frosts lay off!! Will post on here how it all went .once again Thanks
                        Steve

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X