Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Kings Pools - New Match Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kings Pools - New Match Pool

Hi all,

Got a match on here a week on Sunday, never fished it so any advice at all would be appreciated.

Cant find a website so any info regarding bait bans etc, if you can use your own pellets etc would be great.
    To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Anything?
    To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

Nothing at all?

Comment

ok so you on the new match got to use his pellets will find out some info for you my 2 m8 have been fishing the sunday open think maggots doing the damage at the momment,give me a day and i will let you no what the sketch is pegs and bait and method

Comment

Originally posted by gurustu View Post
          ok so you on the new match got to use his pellets will find out some info for you my 2 m8 have been fishing the sunday open think maggots doing the damage at the momment,give me a day and i will let you no what the sketch is pegs and bait and method
          Nice one gurustu,

i appreciate that

Comment

hiya blueser spoke to me m8 pegs doing the damage ara peg1 pegs 5,6 7,8, end peg on that side not sure of the number you turn and fish down into the corner were the reeds are peg 19 aswell if i rember from when i fished our vde super cup on there pegs 6,7 about halfway over theres a flat area thats were they were doing the damage from all maggots stilll by some pellets feed a negative line few pieces of corn and keep haveing a look ,its pretty self explantary as a pool 14, 22m wide take the tip just incase maybe a straight lead or a very tiny maggot feeder . i think it was peg 18 i drew in a match there is a tree on your right caught of that realy well gear up for them on that peg 0.16 and also caught 10 oclock towards the islnd cut thru lost one well into double figures hope these helps my to mates are there sunday there on the big pool back of the cafe the 1 is named woody hes 65 and the otheir 1 is named jona hes 36 ish he used to work in fosters tackle birmingham they will be in a red small vauxhall van go see them and they will put you right on your peg if you go there for a breakfast get there early as it takes him ages to cook it worth the weight hope this helps tight lines

Comment

Originally posted by gurustu View Post
              hiya blueser spoke to me m8 pegs doing the damage ara peg1 pegs 5,6 7,8, end peg on that side not sure of the number you turn and fish down into the corner were the reeds are peg 19 aswell if i rember from when i fished our vde super cup on there pegs 6,7 about halfway over theres a flat area thats were they were doing the damage from all maggots stilll by some pellets feed a negative line few pieces of corn and keep haveing a look ,its pretty self explantary as a pool 14, 22m wide take the tip just incase maybe a straight lead or a very tiny maggot feeder . i think it was peg 18 i drew in a match there is a tree on your right caught of that realy well gear up for them on that peg 0.16 and also caught 10 oclock towards the islnd cut thru lost one well into double figures hope these helps my to mates are there sunday there on the big pool back of the cafe the 1 is named woody hes 65 and the otheir 1 is named jona hes 36 ish he used to work in fosters tackle birmingham they will be in a red small vauxhall van go see them and they will put you right on your peg if you go there for a breakfast get there early as it takes him ages to cook it worth the weight hope this helps tight lines
              Nice one gurustu, thats really appreciated. i called in today, had a walkround, and had a good chat with the baliff too which was helpfull.

I'll look out for your mates and thanks again for your info.

Cheers,

Blueser

Comment

yuor very welcome hope it helps

Comment

gurustu,

You sound like a helpful chappy, Like the guy you gave the advice too regarding Kings Pools i have a match on the carp pool this Sunday, second pool on the right as you go down the track (well i think its called the carp pool). Do you have any more welcome advice? Thanks Jason

Comment

pegs 1 is a good peg fish left to the bords about 10 oclock as you look at it ,strangley enough peg 3 has throwed up which is crap as a rule,so my freind informs me, peg 9 is a good peg over towards the island on the bomb maggot pellet corn the end peg always was agood winning peg and th few before it ,have been told 5 pints of maggots and hoff it in down the edge make them last though ,i no that working on the big pool carnt see why it wont on there

Comment

Hi gurustu,

Just thought i would let you know out of courtessy, i won my match on Sunday!
                      drew the peg near the old rusty gate with the great big tree sticking up half way across the pool (sounds like it could be the peg you were talking about above)
                      Weighed in 40lb with a mixed bag on maggot, tight across to the island but had to push it right into the grass, (think the bank must be undercut). couldnt really get anything else going on my 5m line just the odd skimmer and roach, and nothing at all showed up in the margins. 27lb was second and 19lb third.

Cheers for the advice,

Comment

your very welcome sounds like the peg i drew peg 15 i think glad you had the win excellent well done the lads did tell me you might struggle because he had lost a lot of fish but there were still some big fish in there ,but didnt want to put the dampner on for ya so well done pm anytime for info,thanks for letting me no how you got on

Comment

Very well done Bluey, a well deserved win
                          Let us all bag up

Comment

Cheers Rob.

You do realise thats 2 out of 2 now dont ya? lol

On for me hat trick next week!

Comment

Working...
                            X