Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Great Barr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Barr

Anyone know of any hidden gems in or very close to Great Barr. Tired of commercials, fancy a challenge!

Fraid not mate. There's one commercial - Foxhills - and the Tame Valley/Rushall canals as far as I'm aware.

Comment

yep mate, thats pretty much all im stuck with atm

Comment

if you want a natuarl what about park lime pits in rushall if you come down from aldrige to rushall think it called dow end as soon as you come to the bridge ,with canal under it and the pubon the left the boat i think turn left staight to the bottom park on the right and then walk into the woods and there you have it or try walsall arbo all the best

Comment

chers mate, yeah know where that is, went piking there years ago, heard its not the nicest place to fish tho??

Comment

I'd forgotten about that one! We went there a year or so ago and caught nothing but Perch. The surroundings are nice enough but I wouldn't be overly keen on leaving the car on that small car park for too long. As challenges go I reckon it's as good as anywhere as no-one seems to know exactly what's in there ...

Comment

you could always leave your car on the car park opposite the pub the manar arms .

Comment

how about engine lane pool, brownhills/clayhanger area

Comment

How far you prepared to travel Blankety Blank

there are a few canals and still waters in the Great Barr Area. Small pool rear of Asda, Canal on Aldridge Road, St Margarets Pools near Asda. Furthur afield Sutton Park, Other park pools.

Comment

asda queslett road? where abouts?

Comment

At the back of Asda there is a road that connects Queslett Road with Aldridge road there is a gate on the right with a path follow the path to the end of the woods and turn left follow the path for a couple of hundred yards and you can see the pool on the left. It used to be full of perch and pike but other than a carp of about 3lb that I saw on the top during the summer I dont know what it holds now.

Comment

is that by the quarry n driving range? is fishing allowed there?

Comment

No one ever bothers you for fishing over there so you may as well give it a go.

Comment

Working...
                          X