Anyone know anything about the stour at wimpston

any details greatly recieved

ETEC
    Just got back into fishing so please be patient
  • tackle tart
    Talk Angling User
    Bagging Machine
    • Apr 2009

I think i'm right in saying it is leased by Stratford AA. I havn't fished this particular stretch, but I have fished the stretch immediately upstream at Alderminster, on and off since the 1970's. The main species being Chub, Roach(especially in winter) with the occaisional Dace and Gudgeon and some humungus Arnolds, sorry Perch.
    The best methods have been stick,pole and maggot feeder or bomb depending on the peg. Baitwise casters are probably the most consistant, followed by red and bronze maggots and sometimes you need to 'make em ave it'.
    Also some good smelly cheese paste or bread flake on a big stick or bomb will pick out the better Chub which average 2 to 3lb and go up 5 with bigger(estimated) having been lost at the net. My best is 4 3/4.
    In winter,pole,pinkie and groundbait can work for the Roach with chopped worm and caster for the Chub and Arnolds.
    Last edited by tackle tart; 29 October 2010, 11:14 AM.
    I got a new rod for the wife. I'll miss her, but it's a quality rod.

Comment

• ETEC
      Talk Angling User
      • Nov 2009

Thanks for the reply

Had a good day but way too many minnow and they will attack anything only seemed to go off when as you say the arnold's were about as had a really good one

ETEC
      Just got back into fishing so please be patient

Comment

Working...
      X