Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

hawford bridge top pool.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hawford bridge top pool.

Anybody know how its been fishing latley,what the depth is and size of fish to expect.
    [SIZE=7]ELWELL FLOATS

[/SIZE] [url]http://www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk/[/url]

havent heard how its fishing latley but happened to work there for trevor 2years ago around this time of year when i built his supposed cafe stroke dwelling which is right by the pool starting with the island it now has 3 islands which were origanaly 1 the pegs on the road side you can cast to the island with the tip but word of warning these fish are big there are many cross varitions from leathers crossed with ghosts carp loads of variations and they dont half yank your string wouldnt go no less than 0.21 on the tip to the island landed 87lb lost 200+ think that may have been peg 5 back to the cafe dont chuck down the side of the island or it will be curtains to many snags underwater the depths vary from 4ft to 10ft down the track which pays to try got to use his pellets sretchens and i would defo go down the edge even this time of year corn and pellet the far side is a lot furtheir from the island watched a guy in the winter win a match on the pellet wag that were on about peg 12 30 yards 40 yards out not 100per cent on the peg numbers but that guy on the wag were after the island looking into the open water .The thing is on this pool you carnt predict were the flyer realy is as it never seems thow up in the same place word of warning far right corner looking from road side you need to realy gear up on the pole some good weights of there but alot of breakages you will see why when you seee the pool full of norfolk reed probally 1 of the prityest pool you will fish very mature On your deck rig say down the shelf you may well catch smaller carp then a rouge nutter may move in no less than black hydro or equivlent you may even catch shallow on the pole ,if you see them cruising when you get there ,you no what to do ,but dont follow them by chasing them with the pole there way to cute they have seen it all if i were drawing a peg i would fancy the road side i would put something down the track feed the margins far away as poss try and keep back from the edge as best as i could it will make a difference then start on the tip corn hair rigged flick a 6 10 6mm over the top and hold on for dear life by the way the last peg on the road side were the bench is when fishing the margins tend to catch to your right by the side of the tree then 1 to your leftabout 8 0clock to the norfolk reeds hope this helps if you got any questions pm me

Comment

fished it today mate,89lb won,i was second with 61lb 50 + lb third,i was road side caught 8 good carp in the first hour then it went dead,switched to the waggler an picked a few more carp off then noticed a lot of fish feeding shallow so shallowed up on my shallow rig an caught steady for the last hour and half.
      [SIZE=7]ELWELL FLOATS

[/SIZE] [url]http://www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

Working...
      X