Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Pike Wyrley & Essington/Cannock Extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pike Wyrley & Essington/Cannock Extension

Hi All.

Has anyone pulled any pike out the Wyrley & Essington or Cannock Extension Canal? I was thinking if doing a bit of spinning for the first time, have the correct set up including the tools required to un-hook safely, any tips on lures, locations & spinning in general?

I'm based in Pelsall and would love to hook up with a pike expert for my first session on the cut?

Have put this post in few places to get maximum help.

Paul

TK is the man to ask
    [CENTER][B][COLOR="Red"]NISA FEEDERS[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][COLOR="Blue"]BIOSOURCE BAITS[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

Comment

I used to fish it loads when I was in Pelsall mate. Wish I lived closer!
      [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

hi ya live in pelsall myself have been doing a bit up the canal last 3 weeks lost a 20pound 3 weeks ago round by the horse shoe bridge have had 2 jacks about 4lb a piece ,1 past the oak pub as was on the bend on a ondex spinner size 5 and 1 past the old roses factoy bridge first bush /tree after the brige right tight under it on a mepps spinner were abouts do you live, i live in riddings ,might well go over sunday next week pm and we can hook up pardon the pun

Comment

Hiya Bluenose75 - sent you a pm with this guys email address

http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/...elsall-10.html

Perhaps you can tie up with him on a session

Tight lines

TK
          Even when I draw a half decent peg fate conspires against me...............:(

Comment

Hurricane might also be the man to get out on the bank too
            Even when I draw a half decent peg fate conspires against me...............:(

Comment

Originally posted by gurustu View Post
              hi ya live in pelsall myself have been doing a bit up the canal last 3 weeks lost a 20pound 3 weeks ago round by the horse shoe bridge have had 2 jacks about 4lb a piece ,1 past the oak pub as was on the bend on a ondex spinner size 5 and 1 past the old roses factoy bridge first bush /tree after the brige right tight under it on a mepps spinner were abouts do you live, i live in riddings ,might well go over sunday next week pm and we can hook up pardon the pun
              Hi, that sounds great, I live on the Ryders Hayes estate, Not sure what the family have planned for me next Sunday but If you do go drop me a PM and I will try and meet up.

Comment

I used to live in St Pauls Cres mate, til I moved.... where are you??

I used ot fish mainly from High bridge ('double bridges') and on towards brownhills. Also used to fish round to Yorks Foundry bridge where there were some really nice perch. I used to use a little plug called Bagley small fry bream, in perch pattern, but had a lot of success using rublex Ondex spinners in sizes 5 and 6. Also, small jointed rapala plugs.
                [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by fish farmer View Post
                  I used to live in St Pauls Cres mate, til I moved.... where are you??

I used ot fish mainly from High bridge ('double bridges') and on towards brownhills. Also used to fish round to Yorks Foundry bridge where there were some really nice perch. I used to use a little plug called Bagley small fry bream, in perch pattern, but had a lot of success using rublex Ondex spinners in sizes 5 and 6. Also, small jointed rapala plugs.
                  Hi, I'm on Lothian's Road, I have a small mepps spinner and a small plug, I think I will get some other spinners & plugs in various sizes, when spinning on the canal do you cast as far left or right and bring it back down the middle or cast to features and wind it back in at any angle? Was thinking about getting some "shads" hope thats the right spelling, they look like a rubber plug with a single hook coming out the back, also with the plugs I saw an article about removing the trebble from below and just leave the tail trebble on as the other just get's in the way? do pike move up and down in the water or will they be lower in the colder months.

Cheers

Paul

Comment

Working...
                  X