Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

priory lakes..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• priory lakes..

anyone got any info on priory lakes???

never fished it before and was wondering what it is like at this time of year...

bait???
    methods???
    weights???

many thanks..

This is a copy of the info i have put onto the east vs north match thread.

I was going to fish the open at bain valley (very open to the elements)today and after being knocked over by the wind and drenched by the rain decided to give the open a miss and have a practise at priory. I sat on peg 29 which is not known as a flier to see how it would fish, the water as gone clear so i didn't bother with the margin swim (if you are on a flyer do have a margin). I fished at 9 mtrs in 5ft of water with a 4 x 12 float to .12 straight through to a 20 kamasan b911, i fed soaked micro's through a kinder pot and found i got more bites by keeping it going in and it didn't feed them off. On the hook a put 4mm expanda's which caught me plenty of cruissan carp but the bites were finicky so i fished with the float dotted right down and fished just on bottem, when i put red maggot on the hook i got into the carp and had them to 8lb. It was weird put a pellet on get a cruissan a chuck put a maggot on and wait get a carp. Whilst having a brew i chucked the g/b method with 2 dead reds out 1 mtr short of the island and wait again carp to 6lb when i put pellet, corn on the hook nothing. It was quite a wait for a bite on the tip but they were decent fish, however the pole line was more productive. I did feed maggot at one point but this brought in roach and perch, i then put the small pot full of pellet and this brought the carp back.

As long as we don't get a hard frost before the 20th i expect every one to get a decent days fishing with the flyers bagging. My bait for the day will be micro pellets, 4mm pellets (for the flyers), 2 pint of reds, G/B for method, for the hook expanda's, corn, meat.
    Steve Davies

Comment

cheers mate much appreciated

Comment

Working...
      X