Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Lavender hall (Dragon Pool)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lavender hall (Dragon Pool)

Hi All,

Has any one any info on this pool, never fished it before so was wondering what baits work best and whats the target fish in a contest.

Had a quick look at the site but cant find much info

Thanks.
    here carpy carpy carpy

big island pegs usually best on the ends fishing method feeder close too corners as possible.also peg 21 against the corner reeds too left.pole methods go well with pellet.don't be tempted with margins although they look good they never produce.

Comment

leigh 66 and curtains fished it not long ago curtains won it on punch meat think he had about 80lb.on the feeder.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Ill let you know how I get on. 80lb sounds good to me though
        here carpy carpy carpy

Comment

lavender hall

Originally posted by Smudger
          Hi All,

Has any one any info on this pool, never fished it before so was wondering what baits work best and whats the target fish in a contest.

Had a quick look at the site but cant find much info

Thanks.
          curtains here,
          won a match ther a few weeks ago fished method feeder tight to the island, caught carp steady throughout the match on hair rigged punched meat size 14 hook weighed 73lb 4oz.
          ground bait was 50/50 ringers and green swimstim.
          i was lucky to be on the corner of the island that had the wind blowing to it.
          back up weights were pretty good 2nd 40lb, 3rd 29lb, 4th 27lb. odd fish were caught on the pole with pellet but all the better weights were on the feeder.
          hope this helps.
          have a good session mate
          everything louder than everything else:D

Comment

ive never fished it

Comment

Well all I can say is when I turned around half way through my journey to go back home and pick up the bait I'd forgot I should of stayed there..

What a terrible day it has to be the worst set of results i've seen since I stopped fishing the river Severn 10 years ago.

First I drew peg 13 then I had 2 bites all day fished the method got broke on 4lb hook length then 6lb. Added to that I had my first DNW in 12 years.

18 people fished.

1st 8lb (2 carp)
              2nd 7lb (2 carp)
              3rd 4lb 6oz (1 carp)
              4th 4lb 3oz (1 carp)
              5th 1lb (1 carp)
              6th 14oz (small roach)
              7th 2oz (1 roach)
              8th 1oz (1 roach)

other 10 DNW.

Worst thing about this is the match was won with 61lb on saturday just makes you wonder though how much bait was put in the day before
              here carpy carpy carpy

Comment

Working...
              X