Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

tunnel barn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tunnel barn

Has anyone got any advice on tunnel barn farm, the club pool? know the match last weekend was won on the worm and joker

Hi canal king if your going to fish worm and joker I would fish it on two lines one in the deeper water and one in the shallows feed joker in damp leam and add red joker fix from sensas floats ive used down there are preston pb14 for the shallow water and a blue diamond shape preston classic for the deeper water, when i fished it ifound that you get quite steady patern to your bites and if this slowes down or bites suddenly go iffy dont automaticly refead as ive found that bigger fish move in all i did was put a rig in with a grain of corn on and you usually have straight away and then go back to the worm , you can also catch on maggots over the joker hope this helps
    I want an end peg

Comment

tunnel barn

Cheers , that helps a lot. Won`t be fishing the joker this time but may do on our next league match there in jan. Next match is on the canal pool. Did toy with fishing worm and joker but wanted to see how things went without it first, I`ve only fished the venue once before and that was on Bottom pool. The light float approach sounds right up my street so I`ll stick to my strengths and keep your advice in my head

Comment

no good to you mate need to catch carp not bloody gudgeon
        everything louder than everything else:D

Comment

I would start with 4 lines - try and make them all the same depth so you can use the same rig on all of them.... say 6M at 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock and then then 13M either side - put a ball of neat joker on each at the start and ping 3-4 maggots on each steadily, just keep rotating your lines - try not to take more than 2 fish off each line at a visit, it will keep you busy but this will keep the fish coming steady and don't get too greedy trying to catch too many off one line. Have a depth rig and a 2/3 depth rig... light rigs and maggot. Let us know how you get on.
          Simon Young
          Admin
          Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
          web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

tunnel barn

Sounds good to me. over-fishing a specific line does definitely kill it off, i`ve learned that from my canal days. like you said, a couple from one line, a couple from another line. it keeps you busy and makes you think. I`ll keep you informed, no doubt sumo,curtains and leigh66 will too as they`ll all be there too

Comment

Hi simon i agree wiyh your aproach on some venues but not on a venue like tunnel barn there are that many fish in the venue you gain no advantage by spliting the shoal up this is exactly the same as when we fish the canals down here with worm and joker all the positive anglers feeding only one or two lines come back with the results ive seen 15pound of roach come from one line , as for feeding raw joker the venue has huge amounts of small roach in it and you wil only atract them to your peg not good when you are trying to catch f1s
              I want an end peg

Comment

tunnle barn

hi mike just catch as many fish as you can in 4 hours just make sure you dont catch more than me and curtains

Comment

tunnel barn

Hello mate. Yeah as long as I catch more than you two then things will be good.

Comment

I fished worm and joker on new 13 on sat, and got beat to my left by pellet.
                    I had too many 1/2 ounce roach, i kept thinking they would soon be fed off, but they were there all match, i only had 10lb at the death. (8 carp) Pellet would of caught a lot more, 6 micros each put, with a 4mm expander or soft pellet on the hook.
                    I had fished worm the week before on house, and drew Pete Rice next peg, and Doubled his weight, so i was confident in it, now i am not so sure, and will be fishing two lines next week, one of each bait.

Comment

tunnel barn

After the results of our match yesterday, i`m thinking that you have to have a bit of worm and joker handy just in case and like you said, fish that on one line and an alternative such as pellet or maggot on another. We fished Club pool, 3 1/2 lb won it , Sumo weighed 9oz , I had 7oz despite throwing a small tench back , leigh66 had 2oz and curtains had 1oz . It was really bad , I had 2 small tench on tiny red worm. Our next match is on canal pool on january the 6th, hope that fishes better

Comment

Hi nigel h
                        Can i ask how you fed your joker during your match
                        I want an end peg

Comment

if ur going to fis club pool i wud fish 3.5m ringers coldwater peelet and get sum 4m coldwate and put a small toos pot on and get a bag of micro feed pellet of pete in the shop and just tricels it over yh float whiles its dropping down and feed at 4meters and 10 meters u will do well trusty me

Comment

2 differant thought on feeding joker at the moment. One is to feed a little joker, say 100ml in a lot of leam, 2 bags, or to feed a lot of joker, say 500ml in one bag of joker. A little grey leam also helps keep it together. Bothe amounts have worked for differant anglers on differat pools. I have also fed big balls, and small.
                            My preferance at the moment is to cup in one ball at the start, and feed a small ball each put. One bag of leam, 1/4 bag of grey leam, and 1/2 my match pack of joker. You still have another bag, and the rest of your joker to alter thimngs if nessasary.
                            That pellet line is important at the moment as it has been so mild. And is beating the worm each week.

Comment

Working...
                            X