Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

risby park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• risby park

Hi all ,got match on carp pond at risby ,anyone got any info ,methods ,baits ,all replies much appreciated

if its a well stocked carp pond use lunchen meat in pva bags "if u have any" with handfulls of trout pellets in, it works superbelly on my local carp ponds and also try 16mm halibut pellets.
    cRaFtYcLaRkY:)

Comment

Only live 15 mins away but don't go to the place . I'll make a couple of calls tomorrow (sat) and get you some good info , i know a few lads who fish winter leagues on the folly so they'll know the score. Be in touch

Comment

meat in pva bags not a good idea the moistness from the meat will dissolve the PVA before it even gets to the water !!! (not a good thing )
        [FONT="System"][COLOR="Black"]Matt.Ingram be the name
        Guess who is back...
        [COLOR="Red"]Shiamano[/COLOR]
        [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

it will be won on something like corn or maggot the fish shoal up tight on here in winter so a ton is possible. it is an out and out pole venue as it isnt that big. there is an island at one end and the other end often produces but in winter they are less well spread you have just got to draw on them. there is still plenty of bites to be had off other species depends if you are going for a win or section points. i'd be tempted to fish maggot feed regularly and try corn if your bites dry as carp could have moved in. tight lines mate
          the carrot bites back:D
          ooh you are awful!!

Comment

Originally posted by MattMatchMan View Post
            meat in pva bags not a good idea the moistness from the meat will dissolve the PVA before it even gets to the water !!! (not a good thing )

Not so, the moisture in meat is oil so it won't melt the PVA,
            [url]http://yanglers.proboards.com/[/url]

Comment

You can get PVA bags that have different meltdown rates but as paste says it shouldn't be a problem especially at this time of the year when the cold will probably keep the fats and oils more congealed. I personally don't think it's a good idea feeding any pellets that have a high oil content during the winter. Fishing as we all know changes somewhat during cold weather as do fish feeding habits. Fish are a bit more selective about what they eat and because their metabolism slows down according to their activity, they don't feel the need to take on large volumes of higher protein type food like they do in the summer. I think tangler lives out that way so he should be up to speed with the place. Like he says, maggot will get you bites and corn can pick out bigger fish if you suspect a pig has moved in.
              MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

Originally posted by paste View Post
                Not so, the moisture in meat is oil so it won't melt the PVA,
                this man knows his stuff ......lol
                cRaFtYcLaRkY:)

Comment

Just spoke to a guy whose fishing league on carp/tench pond and heres what he said : just stocked all ponds with carp and 60/70 lbs has been coming out of carp , won one on waggler n corn/magg fished to the island with 40lbs . Generally its pole with corn/maggot or a small bomb if its windy . Everyones catching but out of the wind is better . Very little feed is required as they dont go far if in your peg , can feed next to nowt . Hope this helps

Comment

cheers for that richie and everyone for your info ,pleasure fished yesterday,peg 47,had about 14lb didnt fish too good ,some anglers in match blanked ,hopefully it will fish better on sunday,cheers

Comment

Working...
                    X