Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help

hi guys i need as much information as possible about tunnel barn and heronbrooke fisheries.

everything from rigs, bait.etc

heard something about top two at tunnel barn?

ive been on both there websites.

thanks
    [B][SIZE=4][COLOR=black]Shaun Pearce [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

come on lads some one must be top rod on these waters.

Comment

Hi Shaun, I know you from fishing with fazely. Well ive been up tunnel barn a bit and bronze maggots sprayed with scopex is good, fish two lines about 4 metres out shallow. Also expander pellet and there feed pellets works well. Its stuffed with f1s and you will do well there. In the winter bloodworm and joker works well and swapping to sweetcorn when the f1s move in. You can also speak to pete rich in the shop if you are down there he is very helpfull. Not sure about heronbrook as ive only fished it once
      Let us all bag up

Comment

hi monty thanks for your reply. sorry but whats your name?

thanks thats what i wanted to no, now that i know the fish are f1s i can base my approach for them. whats the chance of hooking a lump? and what size are they?

Comment

Hi mate, im Rob taylor i also fish with the winning post with dale and skip. My mate had a 4 lb ghostie out of the canal at tbf last week. I guess there are a few in there but in the summer you have more chance of bagging on the f1s.
          Let us all bag up

Comment

hi mate. how you doing? how are dale and skip? whats the winning post fixture list looking like for 2008?

Comment

they are fine, both have new gear for this season. We have got matches at riddings, makins lake 2, tunnel barn, barby banks, elmbridge, woodland view, earlswood, boddington, cudmore, holly farm, bonehill, meadowlands, curborough and west lodge lakes. You are welcome to come along if you want as a member or as a guest
              Let us all bag up

Comment

Shaun, Don't forget to set-up a small method rig for the pole I've only fished house 1 and almost every time its been won with the method either on rod or pole. Start on the method then switch to your well fed close lines if they fail go back to the method!..

Comment

ive never fished that method yet, its something i want to try this year, have you have much luck with it
                  Let us all bag up

Comment

thanks itsme. what are they using round the method pellets or ground bait. thanks rob sound good. im just going to concentrate on the open scene again this year. how many do you have on an average turn out. its good to hear from you again any way. are you and dale still bagging all the money at the winning post?

Comment

we had 14 turn up last week at tunnel barn, there has been about 18 in the summer, was a shame fazeley wrapped up they fished some good venues. Im going to have a go at a few more opens this year. I managed to win last week at tunnel barn at last, dales won a bit last year, its pretty hard fishing theres quite a few good anglers in the club and its hard to frame most of the time but thats why i like it.
                      Let us all bag up

Comment

Hello Shaun, We use fine (riddled) fish-meal based ground bait on a small method and dead reds on the hook at Tunnel. Put a very fine silicone thats 3'' long just below your stonfo or spider and use this like a swing/quiver tip allthough 9 times out of 10 they just hook themselves against the pole.
                        Monty, I am interested in joining your Club any chance mate?.

Comment

Hi ya itsme, Yeah no probs we have an agm next month i think its the 24th but i can find out. we have a match this sunday at holly farm on gils, you are welcome to come to that we are meeting at kinsall green garage at half severn. I can post you a fixture list if you like, Rob
                          Let us all bag up

Comment

monty we rapped up because i wanted to concentrate more on the open scene as fishing the same lakes over and over and with the same people i just wasnt learning anything. i am intrested in afew of your matches if i could guest it. thanks its me. how short does the hooklength have to be on the method ? 2 inches? how do you fish it free running or wedge the swivel into the bore?

Comment

Monty, Can you send me a fixture list when available please, Thanks
                              Shaun, Hook length's start with 2'' (tucked-in) then try longer if no bites or you miss fish, The method varies from day to day just try anything you think will work.

Comment

Working...
                              X