Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Pipehill fishery nr Lichfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pipehill fishery nr Lichfield

Hi all , anyone got any info on this place looks like i have a match there soon but know nothing about it. cheers

hi ya mate,ive fished it a few times but only the one pool,its the furthest away from gates under a bridge its a sort of horseshoe shape with plenty of features,liily pads overhanging trees etc etc,if its as good as last year it will be great,1st time i fished it,it was a disaster just wasnt stocked as a match pool we were fishing for tiny blade skimmers just to avoid blanking,2nd time wasnt much better,3rd time lucky as they say,im not sure if the owner had finally listned and looked at his shrinking club booking but it was a completly differant place,everyone was caught out straight away all sitting there feeding pinkies and maggot i kid ye not,any way after a strange sort off 1st 15mins where id had my number 3 vespa dragged and ragged a couple of times through lilly pads i decided to invetigate round the pool everyone was amazed and playing carp off all sizes,i promptley regrouped on my peg pumped up some 4mm feed pellets fed a pot either side of pads at 10meters waited all of a minute went over with o 6mm on hook on 0.15 rig lowered in waited blinked float shot under and carried on this way through out the match.its so simple its un believable just pick a couple off lines and work between em with pellet and you should do ok,,id say the carp range from stocckies upto mid doubles and theres plenty in....good luck mate

Comment

That sounds interesting well inside our clubs travelling distance.
      Any contact numbers.

ps much walking

Comment

not sure of number as i dont do our club bookings,theres not much walking if the gate at bottom pool is open your next to pool if not just a minute or so off main car park..

Comment

i can direct you,come to muckley corner island on A5,TAKE THE ROAD TO LICHFIELD STAY ON THIS ROAD UNTILL YOU SEE A SET OFF TRAFFIC LIGHTS,JUST BEFORE LIGHTS THERES A FARM HOUSE ON LEFT,TURN INTO DRIVE WAY GO TO GATE,ONCE THROUGH GATE FOLLOW TRACK DOWN,IGNORE 1ST POOL AS THIS IS PRIVATE WATER,CARRY ON DOWN THERES A NEW POOL AT BOTTOM OF TRACK ,HEAD TOWARDS THE BRIDGE AT END OFF CAR PARK AND THE BOTTOM POOL IS THROUGH GATES..

Comment

cheers shallow al sounds good i look forward to it , i live in tamworth so not much driving to get there

Comment

The club i fish for own 5 miles of the trent&mersey at kingsbromley only around the corner from the mentioned pools.Never give them a look as there never seems to be anyone fishing there.
              After what shallow al says i think we may have to have a look,sound interesting.

Comment

shallow al. roughly how many pegs on it is there more than 20

Comment

bag up coxy what club are you in buddy i am looking for a club with good canal fishing to join as well as my current club which owns 4 pools but no canals.

Comment

ridgeacre i have never been there but my club as booked 40 pegs so i guess they have booked the pool.

Comment

walsall district angling association

Phil
                      The club i fish for is walsall and district.
                      We own 4 miles of trent and mersey canal around Handsacre and yes we are looking for new members.

We tend to book alot of our matches on b.a.a waters and include mainly rivers avon,severn and 3 or 4 canal matches a year either on our stretch or as i said earlier b.a.a waters.

Any more info just let me know

Daz

Comment

Hi Daz that brings back memories of a few happy hunting grounds from a few years back - the likes of Tuppenhurst lane, The Crown (think they put new moorings up there?), Gunpowder Bridge and off the main drag by the Milk factory.
                        Even further back to the 60s W&DAA also used to control Sneyd Reservoir
                        Is Jean from Little Bloxwich still the secretary?
                        Even when I draw a half decent peg fate conspires against me...............:(

Comment

phillo1 had a look on Live Search I thought thats about the number but was nor sure thanks mate

Comment

sorry all for late reply,ive been ill with the dreaded norovirus,,pipe hill holds about 50pegs on the bottom pool,but i wouldnt put more than 30 on as it would be very tight on some pegs

Comment

cheers mate.Been given some numbers by Allens Tackle Bloxwich

Andy 01543 683055 or 07976528979

Comment

Working...
                              X