Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Oaks Thirsk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oaks Thirsk

Hello all, Just wondering if anyone can help me with what would be the best way to fish the maple lake on the oaks complex at thirsk, I am fairly new to match fishing and have a club match on that lake on sun, when pleasure fishing on there in early summer i fished paste across to the island and done ok would that tactic be ok now or is it to cold.

Eh up chap..

Best method on there I think is caster / maggot up the far shelf and catch everything thats going, but fish as light as you can get away with like 0.10 to 20 tubertini 808 something like that.

Dont know if the chop worm and caster is working up there yet but its normally starting this time of year..
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Have a look at this thread and read Mike Herringtons blog...

http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/....html#post2546
      Simon Young
      Admin

Comment

paste would work but its a big risk if they dont want it they wont have it
        sensas /total angling

Comment

What about ringers 4mm over micro

Comment

Re;oaks Thirsk

Whats that Oaks complex like,is it better than the woodlands lake up the road?
            Swany76

Comment

I enjoy the Oaks whenever I go there... if its better than Woodlands is debateable - one of the things I dont like about woodlands is the long walks you can have!

Fishing wise they are completely different, oaks being a snake!
              Simon Young
              Admin

Comment

Working...
              X