Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

highleys farm solihull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• highleys farm solihull

A long time since i last fished there,anybody know if it is still open and still stuffed with fish,and current price to fish,thanks paul.

no one got any up to date info on this fishery? been about 3 years since i was last there. is norman still running it , is he even still about ? fancy a go there again if possible. anyone got any info ?

Comment

any info at all gang ?

Comment

Just came across your post mate, did you find any info? last I heard someone said the old bloke had die not sure if that's true tho?

Comment

0121 744 7457 used to be Phone number ,
          However I have a feeling Norman has ceased to be ,fell off his Perch , Shuffled off this Mortal Coil ,Snuffed it ,
          Sure Larry Teapot used to fish there with his mate that runs the canal @ Tyseley.
          Colin

Comment

hi col stormin norman is still alive and kicking. I took a trip up to Highley's farm on Saturday. pool still open for fishing BUT it is covered in streamer weed no ones fished it for a good while by look of it. always had a weed problem there but it's got out of control and you be lucky to get float/ feeder through the weed such a shame cuz it's stuffed with fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluezulu View Post
              hi col stormin norman is still alive and kicking. I took a trip up to Highley's farm on Saturday. pool still open for fishing BUT it is covered in streamer weed no ones fished it for a good while by look of it. always had a weed problem there but it's got out of control and you be lucky to get float/ feeder through the weed such a shame cuz it's stuffed with fish.

I asked 5 or 6 blokes that were regulars ,
              They all said that he had been in hospital a couple of times
              Then passed away .
              You should go back & rake a couple of pegs out you might have a Great day
              What does he do if nobody fishes any more.
              He said to me years ago it was mainly the fishermen that he had to talk too
              If no one fished he could go for weeks without seeing anyone
              Colin

Comment

there were 3 cars waiting to fill up with lpg not sure if that's down to norman though his carvan is right next to the pump.

Comment

I will try & pop over 1 day next week to have a look.
                  Did he remember you from when you Fished there in the past ?
                  A few years back he was in the pub after we had a knock-up on the yachter
                  no one else in the place it was empty !!
                  The gaffer said it's his Birthday ,so I brought him a pint & then the gaffer got him 1
                  after buying him about 3 or 4 more the gaffer said ok lads it's a free bar !
                  Nobody ever does owt for him .& you 2 have made his night .
                  We ended up the 3 of us ,Staying in the pub all n8ght & leaving after Breakfast
                  All 4 of us had a right laugh singing along to the juke box till about 3 o clock
                  When Norman insisted on me playing piano so he could sing ( Don't laugh @ me cuz I'm a fool )
                  by Norman Wisdom.
                  He was Brilliant & believe it or not ,he had us in Stiches all night long
                  When we saw him next he struggled to recognise us.
                  He took our money & about an hour later he gave it back & brought us both a bottle of pop .
                  Funny bloke
                  Colin

Comment

Working...
                  X